PDA

View Full Version : Custom Size Entry Door

Jeff R. King
10-13-2009, 4:29 PM
We were hit with devastating hail in August causing my entry door (and about $30,000 in other damages) to be ruined. My door measures 84" by 36" and is wood. I really want to go with wood again to match my 80 year old wood trim on the inside of the house. My problem - no company makes a decent wood door in that size. What are some avenues to go down to get a nice looking wood or fiberglass, wood-looking door? I'm sure this has happened before to others but I can't seem to find much help locally. Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Jamie Buxton
10-13-2009, 8:53 PM
There are still companies that build custom doors. Post where you live, and maybe some Creeker will know of one near you.

Sam Layton
10-14-2009, 3:47 AM
Hi Jeff, Welcome to the Creek.

Can you build the door yourself? I am in the process of building two doors for the first time. So far so good.

Sam

Jeff R. King
10-14-2009, 10:06 AM
I live in Iowa - western Iowa to be more specific. I've just started woodworking and don't have the tools to build a door - or the know how. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from doing many other things. Any idea where I'd find a "how to" on building a good solid entry door?

Sam Layton
10-14-2009, 1:02 PM
Jeff, I sent you a PM.