PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of our shop

John Gregory
10-13-2009, 1:58 PM
I just posted these to Facebook. Just updated pictures of our shop.
Thanks for looking

David G Baker
10-13-2009, 2:14 PM
John,
Awesome shop. I will never have a neat shop like yours, too much of a mess maker. Thanks for sharing.

Bill Arnold
10-13-2009, 2:26 PM
Great looking shop, John!

John Gregory
10-13-2009, 3:07 PM
We just cleaned up the shop to get ready for Christmas gifts. I thought it was a good time to update the photos. I told my wife that we should not make it too clean or the Creekers would think we never built anything.:D

The reason that we have a shop is my wife. She shares my love for woodworking. Really it is just a craft on a larger scale. She and I work together in the shop. By doing that we get the synergy of two minds to figure out solutions to projects. The two of us have been married 20 years and we still get along very well. We never chastise the other for mistakes. We each make our fair share of them. We learn from the mistakes and move on.

I am very lucky to have a spouse that I can work with and get along with.

Garth Keel
10-13-2009, 3:34 PM
You built a nice looking shop; inside and outside.

Bruce Page
10-13-2009, 7:30 PM
Great shop. Love your bench!

Eduard Nemirovsky
10-13-2009, 8:15 PM
Great shop. thank you for sharing.
Ed.

Dean Karavite
10-13-2009, 10:23 PM
You have a TV in your shop! Why in the world didn't I think of this? With hockey season starting up this could be just the ticket for my poor wife who struggles to act as if she enjoys my watching just about every Red Wings game of the season. Also, it would be great to watch various instructional DVD's and various wood working shows...

Seriously, it is a fantastic shop. The lighting looks perfect and the saw/bench arrangement has me thinking as well.

David Hostetler
10-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Wonderful space. I sure wish I could get LOML interested in tinkering in the shop with me!

Zach England
10-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Link seems to have disappeared, but you live by me (sort of). I am in SLC proper.

John Gregory
10-14-2009, 5:29 PM
Originally the TV had a VCR to watch woodworking tapes. But the dust messed with the VCR. Now we mostly watch the Utah Jazz play. Otherwise we listen to the radio. We like to listen to the oldies while working in the shop.

You have a TV in your shop! Why in the world didn't I think of this? With hockey season starting up this could be just the ticket for my poor wife who struggles to act as if she enjoys my watching just about every Red Wings game of the season. Also, it would be great to watch various instructional DVD's and various wood working shows...

Seriously, it is a fantastic shop. The lighting looks perfect and the saw/bench arrangement has me thinking as well.

John Gregory
10-14-2009, 5:37 PM
Link seems to have disappeared, but you live by me (sort of). I am in SLC proper.
I see where a moderator deleted the link. I did not know that posting it was against the rules.

Aaron Varmette
10-15-2009, 9:37 AM
Any chanco you could repost the pics of your shop. I saw this after the link was deleted.

Aaron

John Gregory
10-15-2009, 11:17 AM
My other link was deleted. I created an album here at Sawmill creek.
http://sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=246

Marc Turgeon
10-15-2009, 5:32 PM
John,
You and you wife need to be congratulated on your planning and efforts.

If I may ask?
1. What size is the shop?
2. Is that a finish room you have in addition to the work area? If so, what size?
3. Wood storage - how far out (away from the building) does the bin extend?

Thank you,
Marchttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

John Gregory
10-15-2009, 6:02 PM
The building size is 20' wide and 28' long. We left the 8' on the back side for yard tools. The wood storage is 32" wide and extends into the area for the yard tools storage. So the net result of the the yard storage is 8' X 17'
The shop area is about 20'X20'. What really determined the size is the mature trees. I did not want to remove either of them. One's shop is never big enough, but I feel lucky that mine is a big as it is.
No finish room, we just clean up the area. I have dust collection and a air cleaner. So far that has worked for us. I have to give my wife credit for organizing the layout. She is pretty good at that. Better than me.

John,
You and you wife need to be congratulated on your planning and efforts.

If I may ask?
1. What size is the shop?
2. Is that a finish room you have in addition to the work area? If so, what size?
3. Wood storage - how far out (away from the building) does the bin extend?

Thank you,
Marchttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

Dean Karavite
10-16-2009, 8:55 PM
Originally the TV had a VCR to watch woodworking tapes. But the dust messed with the VCR. Now we mostly watch the Utah Jazz play. Otherwise we listen to the radio. We like to listen to the oldies while working in the shop.

I'm waiting for someone to post plans and pictures of a VCR dust collection hook up!

Richard DiCerb
10-23-2009, 6:57 AM
Is that PVC piping ??

Sam Layton
10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
John, you have a great looking shop. At first I could not see the pic's until you reposted the link. The only thing missing is some saw dust...

Sam

Jimmy Cox
10-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Great shop!!! One picture that you forgot to add is the dust collector itself.

Ben Martin
10-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Great looking shop! Thanks for posting pictures, hopefully you own stock in Home Depot! :D

Mike Cruz
10-24-2009, 2:10 AM
Great shop. Great job with the photos. Once I get my shop together, I'm going to have to have you come over and take all the pics. I got a pretty good idea of the layout from the tour. Nice job!