PDA

View Full Version : Factorymation Teco VFD, WEG Motor Saga.

Nick Hoffman
10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Factorymation VFD Motor Saga. Any other experiences with them out there? Good or Bad?
Ok my Factorymation.com saga so far, I ordered on 9/30 1 CV7300 inverter + 1 Hp Weg premium efficiency motor + 1 Data cable. I have to date received One damaged motor which should be fine if the fan, fan shroud are replaced. I was told initially on 9/6 that these parts were shipped from the vendor, I was next informed that a replacement motor was shipped out, it turns out that no replacement motor was shipped. I am now informed that the motor I was expecting to show up on 10/9 to 9/12 will be the parts again with no specific delivery date. In the meantime I have found that the VFD unit "the Teco CV7300 I received" has an issue "arcing failed MOV", a problem previously seen before by both Factorymation.com and Teco Westinghouse. In this case mentioned by the Teco rep Steve the unfixed unit was shipped back to the customer as the supposed arcing was not repeatable by them. I am now in this position and need to ship my CV7300 to Teco for inspection on a warranty claim. Needless to say this feels uncomfortable to me. So far neither major parts of my order have been fulfilled initial claims of action on the motor issue have not been resolved, and I am now expected to pay shipping in an attempt to get a working VFD unit out of a defective unit that was shipped to me. Troubling to say the least. I would not feel troubled if at least the motor issue had been dealt with as expected. I will update my post after contacting them tomorrow. Let me add in factorymaton's defense on the motor it was shipped by Weg Atlanta.

Joe Jensen
10-13-2009, 2:49 PM
WOW, what else can I say. Maybe don't buy a lottery ticket right now :eek:

Nick Hoffman
10-13-2009, 3:24 PM
Thanks for the laugh. Now I have to go get one, my luck could change.

Josiah Bartlett
10-13-2009, 3:41 PM
Did you order this with a credit card? Sometimes getting the credit card company involved makes things go smoother on your end, since neither good was useable as-ordered. You have 60 days from the charge date on your card.

Nick Hoffman
10-13-2009, 3:49 PM
That is my next card, I am trying hard to get them to do the right thing first, I will know how that is going tomorrow, if they call me like I was told. If not I call them and my credit card co. for help. A nice shot of the hole.

Matt Meiser
10-13-2009, 4:09 PM
I've ordered from them before without issue. Not saying its right or wrong, but a couple things to keep in mind:
- FactoryMation is the Cummins Tool of the industrial automation world. It has its place, but don't expect real industrial quality or the kind of support you'd get from a local large electrical supply house. If you want that, you are going to pay a LOT more.
- For industrial suppliers, my experience has been that its not uncommon to have to pay return freight no matter what--even sending a DOA unit in for repair/exchange.
- Its a slow time in the industry. Inventory is probably low because of cash flow and getting parts/replacements would be affected by that.
- Things move slow in general. I'm trying to get a quote on a piece of equipment from a vendor and have been waiting over a week. Not uncommon.

Nick Hoffman
10-13-2009, 8:00 PM
They sent me an rma on the VFD today I guess it is going to be a long wait for the motor fan shroud and fan.