PDA

View Full Version : another payment! ;)

larry merlau
09-22-2004, 2:54 PM
well here is the next installment towards the never ending debt that tyler has over us. this had some delays in progress during its inception, but came out ok i think. once again thaks to those of you who offered your wisdom and i was able to either save myself from problems or solve the one's i had. got the pattern from an old peice my mom used to play store with :) and so i made a similar one to prolong the enjoyment and memories. the othe half insisted on the hidden drawer under neath the bottom shelf. i quess she is gonna put a love letter or something important there :D maybe the spare key. on to he next one now. a set of Kit. cabinets for my folks. thanks again for the help from you all!!

Chris Padilla
09-22-2004, 2:59 PM
Looks good, Larry, but do you have some BIGGER pics??? :D

Did you make those feet...they are pretty cool!

larry merlau
09-22-2004, 3:05 PM

hey cris ,yes i made the feet. and i do have bigger pics but dont know how big i can send on here

Chris Padilla
09-22-2004, 3:15 PM
Try resizing them such that the largest dimension is no bigger than 600 pixels. That should be a good size and within the regs here.

larry merlau
09-22-2004, 3:19 PM

here is a pic of the feet cris

Jim Becker
09-22-2004, 3:44 PM
Excellent, Larry! My question is if you also made the applied carving on the front. It's very attractive and just right for the piece.

Tyler Howell
09-22-2004, 9:10 PM
Larry,

At least you have a way to climb out. I'll never be able to pay for my toyls if guys like you keep upstaging me. Beautimus stuff there Guy.

:cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
09-22-2004, 9:28 PM
Larry.....you do beautiful work! Color me "Green with envy!"

John Miliunas
09-22-2004, 9:31 PM
Yo Larry...Looks to me like you done *earned* that brandy new General! :D Great job on that and those legs are awesome! :) I don't have the skills for carving like that and don't believe I have the patience to learn, so I really appreciate nice work when I see it! Keep it up! :rolleyes:

larry merlau
09-23-2004, 7:13 AM
Excellent, Larry! My question is if you also made the applied carving on the front. It's very attractive and just right for the piece.
no jim i didnt carve the frt applicades, could now but not in the begining, i definatly learned alot on this one. mistakes can make us better :D

Bill Grumbine
09-23-2004, 8:47 AM
Very impressive Larry! I'm not much for oak, but you did a real nice job with this piece. It looks great!

Bill

Jerry Olexa
09-23-2004, 8:32 PM
Larry great job overall and esp on those "feet". Great patience and ww skills!!:)

Tom Sweeney
09-24-2004, 12:53 AM
Great job Larry - a real original piece I'd say. You did a great job on it & the feet are really cool - I'm with John - I don't have the patience for that kinda work.