PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Router Lift 420

Gerry Lopez
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

Bought the lift from Woodcraft. Now that I finished the RT table, started using the lift. Then out of nowhere the lift gets "stuck".

When I try to engage the rod it will not turn at all. I called the store and was told that it can be finicky at times. Can get it to work, but it is very frustrating to have this intermittent problem.

From what I can decipher in the initial insertion of the rod, the force required to push down is so much that when it engages the lift bottoms out and gets stuck. Then only after using the micro adjust wheel the lift wrench will engage.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Thanks,

G.L.

Richard Hummel
10-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Gerry,
I think I hit the wrong button. Not sure if my original response got posted. Anyway, I'd be happy to repeat it all. Just let me know. BTW, I'm the owner of Woodpeckers who manufactures the router lift in question. We'll take care of it whatever it takes. Please send me an email and I'll get you our address. You can also call our office at 800-752-0725 for return info.

Rich

Richard Hummel
10-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Gerry,
I can't find my original response. Basically I suggested the posts are out of alignment. The best thing you can do is return it to Woodpeckers (us) to repair it (no charge). If you want to try to fix it, wrap a rag around one of the posts, put it in a vice and try and loosen the socket screw from the top. They're VERY tight so it may not work. If you can break it loose, bring the carriage all the way up to the plate and re-tighten the screw.

Please constact our office if you need any further information. (800-752-0725). Thanks.

Rich

Mike Goetzke
10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Gerry - Woodpecker's CS is the best. You have nothing to worry about. I recently experienced a small problem with my lift in the middle of a project. After explaining the problem they quickly sent out a new one before receiving my old lift so I could continue to work. This is why my shop is full of their products.

Mike

Geoffrey Smith
10-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Holy wow, that is some impressive customer service!
I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to see that.

Awesome! :cool:

Gerry Lopez
10-14-2009, 1:03 PM
Rich,

Thank you for your response. It is very comforting that there is customer service given by companies like yours.

Will call in the next few days.

I was not trying to stir negative view of the lift, just get information if I was not operating it correctly.

Thank You again,

G.L.

Michael Drew
02-14-2010, 12:54 PM
I just installed this lift and am looking for input from others who have it.

I am finding that the micro adjust has a wee bit of slop. I pulled the cover off the gear box and tried to find anything obviously wrong with it (like excessive backlash) but nothing jumped out at me as being wrong. The gears turn and the threaded rod turns positively as I turn the micro adjust wheel. Something isn't right though as the lift does not move up or down in direct response to using the micro adjust wheel. I have a Wixey gauge on the thing so I know this isn't my imagination.

Is this a common trait of this lift?

Gerry Lopez
02-14-2010, 4:06 PM
Hello All,

Wanted to thank Rich Hummel for his prompt response to the issue I had with my lift. After talking to him and sending the lift to it was about a week when I got it back. Problem solved.

They definitely stand behind there products.

Thank you again Rich.

Michael, give Woodpeckers a call.

G.L.

Michael Drew
02-14-2010, 4:11 PM
Does your lift have any slop as I described? I don't want to bother them if it's normal.

Gerry Lopez
02-14-2010, 5:30 PM
Michael,

The problem I was having had to do with the travel of the lift. I had to exert lot of pressure to engage and move the lift. The lift would also get stuck, jammed at the bottom end of travel.

Since getting the lift back, I been able to make adjustments much easier, smooth travel and no jamming of lift.

G.L.