PDA

View Full Version : 607 bedrock

mike saylor
10-13-2009, 10:07 AM
picked up a 607 bedrock in good shape except for the tote and knob. where the tote meets the sole there is a rectangle slot with the connecting screw holes on each end of the slot. the tote does not seem to be the original. if i made a new tote do i need to leave wood on the bottom of the tote to slip into this slot? the tote on the plane now does not have any wood there but just rest on top of the slot.:eek:

Sam Takeuchi
10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Don't need. Bottom side of plane handles are flat. If you want, you can make it so that it fits into the slot, I'm sure it'll add better stability. But normally, there is nothing to fit in there, so don't worry.

Jim Koepke
10-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Some say if there are no pictures, it didn't happen...

Does that mean if a person doesn't have a camera nothing ever happens to them?

But if you show us pictures and tell us you paid a ridiculously low price for the treasure, then you could rate a big YS.

So, is it a round top or a flat top Bedrock?

Inquiring minds you know,

jim

mike saylor
10-13-2009, 6:40 PM
flat top bedrock . l910 april 21. $24.00. just happened to walk into a local antique store. priced at 435.00 but got the fellow down some with the broke tote and all. dont have this kind of luck often. the fellow said it came from an estate sale in georgia. evidently the people who oversaw the sale did not think grandpas plane was worth much and neither did the antique dealer who delt mostly in furniture.

mike saylor
10-13-2009, 6:42 PM
35.00 instead of 435. hit the wrong key:eek: