PDA

View Full Version : Adding Ecommerce

Robert Wilson
10-12-2009, 7:38 PM
Hi Everyone,
We are looking to get into web sales of our engraved products and wandering if you folks have any suggestions on vendors, what to look for, what to avoid etc. I have done some front page development but nothing dealing with a shopping cart. I suppose at a minimum we would need catalog functionality, shopping cart with multiple pay options, tax and shipping calculator, ssl certificates, and a domain. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Dennis McGarry
10-12-2009, 7:50 PM
Bob

Drop me a PM with your info, I can help. There are a lot of options when it comes to this.

James Jaragosky
10-12-2009, 8:00 PM
I would hate to see this resolved with PM’s.
I am sure that many people have similar questions and would be interested in this discussion. Although it may be that, this threat belongs in the OT forum.
Jim J.

Robert Wilson
10-12-2009, 8:13 PM
Dennis: PM sent

James: I agree that the discussion would likely be of benefit to many here. Are there guidlines for what should be put in the off topic area. I did not mean to infringe on any policies. I thought the question regarding an engraving business marketing and sales would be ok but I could be wrong. No foul meant. I guess if the moderator takes issue we can carry on the discussion in the off topic area. Thanks for the heads up.