PDA

View Full Version : Guess what this is used for

Paul Ray Moore
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I've posted some pictures of what this is in the next thread. Make a guess of what it is used for.

John Thompson
10-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Since I just posted in your other thread.. I'm guessing a bow and arrow storage box for a school. How close did I come? :D

gary Zimmel
10-12-2009, 1:29 PM
Welcome to the Creek Paul.

I cheated like Sarge so my guess wouldn't count.....
Oh by the way great idea for the bows and arrows.

mike holden
10-13-2009, 8:13 AM
Paul,
stating that your message is continued in the "next thread" is useless for us regulars who come on and click on "new posts" or other means of picking up new messages.
We dont have your "next thread" available to us.
Mike

Paul Ray Moore
10-13-2009, 9:23 AM
Sorry for making this difficult. I wanted to post the picture of the answer in the same thread but I couldn't figure out how to put them at the end of the tread to give people a chance to make a guess before seeing the answer so I figured I'd just start a new one. I forgot that they don't travel together along the list.
I tried to put the picture in this thread but it won't let me upload it again. So maybe you can click on this and it will take you to the answer. I'm new to posting pictures so again I'm sorry for the trouble.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=122260

Thanks,
Paul

mike holden
10-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Paul,
First that is a neat project.
Second, why not ask the poser one day with the answer to follow the next day?
That way everything remains in the same thread.
Third, If you crop the picture slightly, and save as another name, you can reupload it. BTW, simply renaming it does NOT work - DAMHIKT.
Best,
Mike

John Thompson
10-13-2009, 12:25 PM
BTW Paul.. welcome. Mike is just trying to show you the ropes of how things work here so don't take it personal. When I first came here I was a lost puppy and for that matter... still am in certain cases as electronical devices.. computers.. etc. are not my strong points. As with anything else.. stay alert.. ask if in dout and you will find out what works and what won't. For me.. nothing really seems to work. ha..ha..

Regards...

Allan Froehlich
10-14-2009, 11:36 PM
That's interesting.

I do have a personal fancy for archery. Have you ever made a bow?

Paul Ray Moore
10-16-2009, 9:29 AM
I've never made a bow. What type of wood do you use to make one?

Herbert Wallace
10-17-2009, 6:30 PM
Bow Wood. Really. Bois D' arc Not sure of the spelling, but translsted bow wood. or osage orange. Of course there are better materials now days like composits