PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
10-12-2009, 10:20 AM
12 Oct 2009

Good Morning,
I got a late start this morning as the LOML said that I needed to sleep in and get some rest...so I guess I did.

It's pretty cool here today and raining (again). Seems like it's been raining off and on here since early August and many people here are getting desperate to see the sun shine once again. I talked with a few folks yesterday who were suffering from mild depression because the weather has been grey, dark, and dreary for so long now and it looks like we're going to have an almost full week of more rain according to the current forecast.

The LOML is getting geared up for me to do some woodworking stuff for Christmas and I'm just hoping to have the necessary time to get in the shop and get stuff done that I need to get done. I guess I just stay more tired these days than usual.

I've got about 4 cutting boards I need to get made, repair a broken child's rocking chair, route a groove around a cabinet door, finish the 2nd wine cabinet that I started last year, get the rest of my firewood split and stacked, make stuff for Christmas, and keep things going at the day job. Other than that, I don't have a thing to do. :)

That's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Matt Meiser
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Friday night I edgebanded shelves and drilled all the hinge pockets for the kitchen. Saturday my club built toys for Toys for Tots at one of our member's shops. Being in SE Michigan, we of course built a number of cars (19) trucks (22) and doll beds (6.) After everyone left, I hauled in all my doors and drawer fronts and ran them through his drum and wide belt sanders. When I got home I finished hauling all the scrap out of my shop and started picking up. Sunday, spent the morning being kind of lazy, then ran out to do some errands. Spent the evening doing more straightening and some rearranging in the shop.