PDA

View Full Version : Mythbuster Font ID

Scott Erwin
10-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Can someone please tell me what the fonts are for the signs on Mythbusters?

I have several fonts and found some that are close but nothing the same. I dont seem to have one that has tags on the "I" without having tags on the "F" or other letters.

If you have the font it would be better too.

Thanks,

Scott Erwin
10-11-2009, 12:38 PM
I guess it would help if I put the picture on the post... DUH...

Guy Mathews
10-11-2009, 2:11 PM
Scott

I searched for the "Mythbusters" font and it came back as a font called "FF Confidential"

The font is trademarked. It is my understanding that it is available for purchase on a number of sites.

There are a number of fonts that are very close, (aren't most of em?:D) to the original. A google search should help you out.

Good luck.

Guy

P.s. Does anybody Google anymore or is that just for old dinosaurs like me who are looking for answers?

John Noell
10-11-2009, 3:29 PM
Does anybody Google anymore or is that just for old dinosaurs like me who are looking for answers? Guess I'm a dinosaur as well. I even used to teach searching on the DIALOG (mostly published research papers) system 25 years ago. People here think I am a genius and come with all sorts of questions - which I 'magically' answer, using Google (or even Bing these days).

Gary Hair
10-11-2009, 3:47 PM
P.s. Does anybody Google anymore or is that just for old dinosaurs like me who are looking for answers?

I guess I'm an old dinosaur also - at 48! You can google just about anything, words, phrases, part numbers, etc.

Gary

Dennis McGarry
10-11-2009, 4:03 PM
I think more and more people, the younger ones, are missing the ability to read between the lines. If a google search doesnt have exectly what they are looking for they move on.

They do not have the thought process to see if one of the pages might be in someway related to their search and then in going to that page find a link to the exact thing or problem they are searching..

Must be able to use logic, deduction, and reasoning along with the search engine..

Guy Mathews
10-11-2009, 4:37 PM
I think more and more people, the younger ones, are missing the ability to read between the lines. If a google search doesnt have exectly what they are looking for they move on.

They do not have the thought process to see if one of the pages might be in someway related to their search and then in going to that page find a link to the exact thing or problem they are searching..

Must be able to use logic, deduction, and reasoning along with the search engine..

Quotation marks help as well. Usually when I search, I find what I am looking for on the first page.
"Mythbuster sign fonts" on Google revealed the answer on the first and second links provided. Ironically, the third link down as of the time of this posting was a link titled.

"Mythbuster Font ID - Sawmill Creek"

When you click that link, it will bring you right back here.

That may explain why some folks always appear to be going in circles!:D I'm going to hell, I know I am!!!!!!!:D

Bill Cunningham
10-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I think more and more people, the younger ones, are missing the ability to read between the lines.

Having spent 10 years teaching in a community college, I have observed that a lot of young people are missing the ability to read..period..

I always found, the best way to keep a secret from a student, was to write it down and hand it to him, because, it was unlikely that they would ever read it.. :rolleyes:

David Fairfield
10-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Try License Plate or Roadgeek, downloads free from Dafont.com. In Adobe you can expand the text, and use the roughen filter to make the irregular edges. Corel must have same or similar.

Dave

Barry Clark
10-12-2009, 7:05 PM
Having spent 10 years teaching in a community college, I have observed that a lot of young people are missing the ability to read..period..

I always found, the best way to keep a secret from a student, was to write it down and hand it to him, because, it was unlikely that they would ever read it.. :rolleyes:

Darn! I hate to continue the hijack here but.. I think I've found the reason why the lawn never gets mowed (or anything else for that matter) when I write down the list of things for the kids to do....

b