PDA

View Full Version : Photos & Illustration Source

Laura Zaruba
09-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Anyone know where I can find a good source for photos and illustrations to laser, particularly for memorial plaques? My CorelDraw & Hemera graphics just don't have the quality and detail I'm looking for.

I'm not opposed to shelling out a few bucks but many of the sites I'm finding are asking triple digits for one graphic...ouch!

Thanks in advance,

Laura

Shaddy Dedmore
09-22-2004, 12:39 AM
so far, I've had fair luck with google images. As in, go to google.com and click on Images (http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&q=), then search away like normal.

I just found this and made a plaque of it today...

Just have to watch copywrite stuffs.

A lot of clipart collections comes with high res photo's, but it's a crap shoot on what you get. You might be able to call the makers and ask if they have specific categories. Art Explosions has a bunch of photo's. If you need just a few, you can ask here for more specific items and we may be able to help.

Good luck, let us know what you come up with..
Shaddy

Laura Zaruba
09-22-2004, 12:48 AM
I like the plaque Shaddy!

I've searched a bit on Google but still not finding exactly what I want. Those images would probably be fine for samples but I have reservations about using "non-legal" images for actual sales due to copyright laws.

I've got a prospective customer looking for detailed religious images so I've been looking for the last few hours but not much luck so far.

David Weiser
09-22-2004, 4:00 PM
I like the plaque Shaddy!

I've searched a bit on Google but still not finding exactly what I want. Those images would probably be fine for samples but I have reservations about using "non-legal" images for actual sales due to copyright laws.

I've got a prospective customer looking for detailed religious images so I've been looking for the last few hours but not much luck so far.
If they are Christian this might work.

http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/images/jesus.jpg

Michael Wells
09-22-2004, 6:45 PM
If you can e-mail me, I might be able to help. I am an artist and I have a lot of images in that catagory. If you can tell me what you are looking for I might have it available for you. It would be royalty free (Reprintable) images. Even though they are copyrighted, you would have the right to use them.
michael@nighthawk7.com - Nighthawk Arts

SteveKrim
09-22-2004, 8:58 PM
Hey Michael,

Why don't you post a couple thumbnails - you might find some buyers amongst (sp??) your friends....

Steve

Charles McKinley
09-22-2004, 9:51 PM
Hi Laura,

Check the archives. I asked this question shortly after the lazer forum started and Kieth and a few others posted some good links.