PDA

View Full Version : Is there a riser block to fit the ridgid bs other than rigdids

Justin Cavender
10-10-2009, 9:32 PM
I have an older ridgid bandsaw the gray one and I need a few more inches of resaw is there another manufactures riser kit that will fit? or do I have to buy the one from ridgid?

Lance Norris
10-10-2009, 9:36 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=79335

Mike Cruz
10-10-2009, 9:55 PM
Grizzly's fits nicely. I have it on my (grey) Ridgid.

Justin Cavender
10-11-2009, 9:42 AM
Mike and Lance how does the saw do with the riser is there tensioning issues or does it do okay?

Lance Norris
10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Justin... it does just fine. There are no issues at all with adding a riser to the saw. Keep in mind, its not going to be a resaw monster with a 3/4 horse motor. I did mine because I make bandsawn boxes with it and needed just a few more inches, (like you stated), and it handles this with ease. I think its a great upgrade.

Mike Cruz
10-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Agreed that there are no issues. Tensioning might be a little different from where you "set" it without the riser, but you'll get "used" to where it needs to be set.

I've upgraded the motor to a 1 1/2 HP. Doesn't bog down at all. I am not a resaw expert. For what I resaw (logs that would be for the wood stove, but have character) I just need to get the round off, then I take it to the jointer, planer, table saw... . I don't try to cut 1/8 or 1/16 inch veneers. The most precise I may try to get would be to resaw a piece of 8/4 to get two pieces of 7/8 or 3/4.

Not that mine/ours couln't handle the veneering, I just don't have a need for it.

Justin Cavender
10-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys looks like griz will be getting more of my cash soon.