PDA

View Full Version : Walnut/Maple lidded bowl

Mark Hix
10-10-2009, 6:29 PM
This little bowl had a mind of it's own. It started out to be a suspended bowl in my mind. Of course, bowls have a mind of their own. It grabbed my bowl gouge and said: "I'll show you!" Step two was band saw off the other leg and make it round. No complaints, I like the way it came out. My true love already appropriated it. 4"' X 3" Danish Oil

I am always trying to improve. I think my next one will have the lid flush with the top of the bowl as one continuous line.

Thanks for looking and as always, any help is appreciated.

Steve Schlumpf
10-10-2009, 7:25 PM
Interesting piece Mark! Nice color contrast of the wood! Form is something we all experiment with - so look at what you have turned and see if there is something you would do differently next time. Hey - it's how we all learn! Important thing is to have fun with it!

Looking forward to your next turning!

George Morris
10-10-2009, 9:16 PM
Mark nice bowl and lid! Just a suggestion about photos, Try a white sheet under to frame your turnings on lets us all appreciate your work more! G

Bernie Weishapl
10-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Great looking lidded bowl. Wood contrast looks good.

ROY DICK
10-11-2009, 8:19 AM
Mark,
Great save and nice bowl, I can see why the bowl was kept.

Roy

Steve Mawson
10-11-2009, 10:09 PM
I think you made a nice save Mark. I can see why it is now in the possession of your honey.

Mark Hix
10-12-2009, 8:22 PM
thanks for the kind words and for looking. I promise better (less busy) photos next time.