PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Delta 43-375 shaper?

Jamie Buxton
09-21-2004, 9:38 PM
I've been offered a Delta 43-375 shaper. I think it is a 3 hp single-phase shaper from the eighties, but I can't find more info than that. Does anybody know more than that, or know of a source where I could learn more about it? Or even better, does anybody have personal experience with one?

John Weber
09-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Jamie,

Great machine! The design has been around forever. I would bet it's a 3/4" spindle, maybe 1/2". Just check table flatness, spindle square to table, and bearings. The newest versions have a nicer fence, slightly larger table extenions, and a little nicer belt system. I think a router collet is available (it has a different taper then the newer shapers). You should also look to add a power feeder as it's much safer with better results. Here is my limited edition with a Steff feeder.

http://www.weberwoodworking.com/picsw04/powerfeedernew2.jpg

John

larry merlau
09-22-2004, 7:48 AM
i use to own one from that era and like john said upgrade the fence, it will cost around 175 to do so. i now use it but the neighbor owns it and uses it alittle. good deal for me. it had the 3/4 spindle and the 1/2 but no router spindle. also could reverse. solid machine. have got many hours on it now. and still runs well.