PDA

View Full Version : Personalizing a Pen Box Need Help!

Jim Ketron
09-21-2004, 8:26 PM
Hello everyone finally getting to do some woodworking!:D
I have been wanting to use the Bethlehem Olivewood pen blanks since I won them a few months back they also gave me 2 pen boxes. And the first person thats getting one is the Preacher at Church I have the pen finished and on the box I would like to personalize it with his name, the name of the Church, how long he has Preached there!
I only have to this Sun to get it done!
My writing skills suck so thats out!
I also thought about using one of those brass plates like a trophy shop can make but I think it will look bad!
Any Sug?
Here is a pic of them
Jim

http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules/gallery/albums/albuq78/don_s_pen_001.sized.jpg

Jim Becker
09-21-2004, 9:22 PM
Get thee over to Keith's shop in Hampton Rhodes and have him laser engrave them for you. It would likely be a fun trip, too...

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
09-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Nice looking pen and case. He sure ought to like that. Hope you get it done in time.

Jim Ketron
09-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Get thee over to Keith's shop in Hampton Rhodes and have him laser engrave them for you. It would likely be a fun trip, too...
That would be a fun trip and also meet Keith but its 7hrs and 425 miles from where I live:eek:
Thanks Jim

Jim Becker
09-21-2004, 10:52 PM
That would be a fun trip and also meet Keith but its 7hrs and 425 miles from where I live
I guess the chopper is in the shop this week, eh? :D

Check in the Laser forum to see if there is anyone closer to you.

Ken Salisbury
09-22-2004, 7:01 AM
Jim,

Search your local area businesses for someone who has a laser engraver. Olivewood engraves very nicely. Start with the "trophy" places

Michael Stafford
09-22-2004, 7:11 AM
Nice pen and box. The preacher should be pleased.

Jim Ketron
09-22-2004, 7:23 AM
Jim,

Search your local area businesses for someone who has a laser engraver. Olivewood engraves very nicely. Start with the "trophy" placesThanks Ken I'll give it a try!
BTW Ive almost got the 20 FPP pens done sorry for the delay but Ive been working on the new shop!
Jim

Ken Salisbury
09-22-2004, 7:43 AM
BTW Ive almost got the 20 FPP pens done sorry for the delay but Ive been working on the new shop!
Jim

No problem - get em when ya can :)

John Olson
09-22-2004, 8:13 PM
Nice pen , but you know me the box is the important thing. I really like the looks of that. At least two prayers should be offered in your name for that box.