PDA

View Full Version : DELTA 12-1/2 In. Portable Planer

Brandon Weiss
10-10-2009, 1:04 PM
In addition to my Delta Jointer question, I'll ask the same about the Planer. Is this worth the $204 sale price at my local Borg? I will upgrade after a while, but I'm wondering how good of a starter planer this may be. Any experiences or thoughts?

Model: TP305

Jointer Thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=122124)

lowell holmes
10-10-2009, 1:14 PM
I have one that is 8-9 years old. It's never given me any trouble. I keep it covered when it's not being used. There have been changes made to the planer since mine was made. The new ones look like they are basically the same as mine. Mine has a cuttter head lock that has been eliminated.

greg sprouls
10-10-2009, 5:01 PM
I would be interested if anyone else has any thoughts on this planer? I figure if i cant get the closeout dewalt planer deal this might work.

Don Selke
10-10-2009, 7:04 PM
I have had the orriginal Delta portable planer in my shop for too many years to mention. I am on my third set of planer blades and only concern I have is that I may have problems finding new blades. The machine works like a champ, a little snipe that I have compensated for thru the years. As long as mine still preforms as it does, cannot figure out why I should put out the big bucks to replace it.

greg sprouls
10-11-2009, 8:01 PM
Thanks for the feed back, I think I might just jump on this deal.