PDA

View Full Version : just not a good year....

curtis rosche
10-09-2009, 9:13 PM
well, a couple of you asked me to keep you updated on how my stepdad was doing with cancer. well, he finished the chemo and radiation about 2 weeks ago. very little side effects while doing it. but in the last 2 weeks, he went from just under 200lbs to 175lbs, he was dehydrated when we made him to in to the doctor. so after 2 days or rehydration, they realize that his kidneys are failing.

JohnT Fitzgerald
10-09-2009, 9:34 PM
Oh no....so sorry to hear that curtis. I'm with you on the 'bad year' statement....I won't see 2009 leave soon enough.

I hope your stepdad stays strong.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Curtis,

I'm sorry to hear about your step-dad's situation. I'll continue to keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm also sorry you have to learn some of the hardest lessons in life at such an early age. Didn't you lose your grandfather earlier this year? These are the kinds of lessons your peers often don't learn....and why teens think they are invincible .....and death, illness and injury aren't even an option. I know....I believed it and lived it 40+ years ago. I'm sorry you have to learn this at such a young age.

curtis rosche
10-09-2009, 10:26 PM
finally some good news. just got an update. they think that it might just be extreme dehydration instead of failing kidneys

Frank Hagan
10-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Hang in there, Curtis. Even if it is kidney failure, it is often something you can live with (my father was on dialysis for 8 years before he passed away, and it wasn't the kidney failure that caused his death). Its very good news if kidney function is restored once he starts to mend.

Rob Cunningham
10-10-2009, 7:44 AM
Curtis, sorry to hear of your family's not so good year. Hang in there, things will get better.

Belinda Barfield
10-10-2009, 9:06 AM
Curtis, you have truly been handed a lot to deal with this year. I'm sorry to hear the bad news, but happy to hear the somewhat better news. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. As Ken said, you are learning some hard lessons and as hard as things seem right now, you will be a better person for having learned them. Take care.