PDA

View Full Version : Touch up for cooktop on Porcelain

Craig D Peltier
10-09-2009, 2:35 PM
My new cooktop corner looks like it was sanded away. A appliance store told me that its a porcelain.
Does anyone here know about this stuff? She thought a tub repair place would have a tube of it and you let it sit out for a while and use like a match book? Im not sure what the heck she meant about the matchbook.
Should I not use appliance paint? she says it would wipe right off?

Underneath the paint it just looks like bare steel.

Lee Schierer
10-09-2009, 3:57 PM
They make several types of repair for porcelain. The ones for bathtubs and sinks usually won't take much heat. they do make high heat tolerant repair kits too. I don't know how well they work or how the repairs look. Probably less noticeable than the black steel showing. http://www.porc-a-fix.net/redesign/images/highheat.jpg

Larry Edgerton
10-13-2009, 7:15 AM
I am not sure about a high heat situation, but I often use fingernail polish for touchups. It is available is tons of colors, and blends well, sticks good, and is cheap. I use it for touch up on my cars as well....

Craig D Peltier
10-21-2009, 2:46 PM
Thanks I bought some appliance repair touch up brush on paint. It came out fairly well. The build up of it is the issue where you see the line of the new to old. I guess feathering is the issue.
Thanks