PDA

View Full Version : What belts/discs for my new sander?

Matt Meiser
03-25-2003, 9:50 AM
I should be recieving my new Jet 6" belt/9" disc sander any day now. I'm wondering what to buy for belts and discs? I am planning to buy 80 grit in each, but should I be considering anything else?

I'm going to try belts and discs from Harbor Freight if the local store has them in stock. If not, I'll be ordering from SuperGrit.com

Matt

Ken Salisbury
03-25-2003, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by Matt Meiser
I should be recieving my new Jet 6" belt/9" disc sander any day now. I'm wondering what to buy for belts and discs? I am planning to buy 80 grit in each, but should I be considering anything else?

I'm going to try belts and discs from Harbor Freight if the local store has them in stock. If not, I'll be ordering from SuperGrit.com

Matt

80 grit seems a little coarse - at least for my applications. I use 100 and 150 grit disks and belts on mine exclusively. Check Klingspor's web site to purchase.

jack duren
03-25-2003, 8:15 PM
you might check ebay. plenty of 3m belts and disks available there. professionally i wasnt very happy with klingspors belts. maybe i should have gave them a second chance , maybe not. 80 grit is most common for these sanders. as the the belt wears down it eventually becomes 100.

VSM is an excellent brand if you can find a distributer......jack