PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat ...

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
02-15-2003, 10:25 PM
My brother in law is the plant manager for a stone quarry and they are expanding the digs. He stopped by and asked if I wanted to get "a few pieces for turning", so I grabbed the chainsaw and jumped in the truck. When we arrived, he had the guys stack four cherry trees off to the side thay had removed from the site:) I came away with fourteen 8 foot logs! I have them stacked in a lean to at my father in law's and have the ends sealed. I cut eight blanks out and have turned two so far. It's my first experience turning green wood, and it feels great! Thanks to Bill G., Jennifer and Dominic for their continued sharing the knowledge for us "newbies", it sure helps a lot. Here's a picture of the first rough turned bowl I turned from it.

Myk Rian
02-07-2013, 7:03 PM
Can you get any more of it?

David Nelson1
02-07-2013, 7:34 PM
My brother in law is the plant manager for a stone quarry and they are expanding the digs. He stopped by and asked if I wanted to get "a few pieces for turning", so I grabbed the chainsaw and jumped in the truck. When we arrived, he had the guys stack four cherry trees off to the side thay had removed from the site:) I came away with fourteen 8 foot logs! I have them stacked in a lean to at my father in law's and have the ends sealed. I cut eight blanks out and have turned two so far. It's my first experience turning green wood, and it feels great! Thanks to Bill G., Jennifer and Dominic for their continued sharing the knowledge for us "newbies", it sure helps a lot. Here's a picture of the first rough turned bowl I turned from it.

Bull never happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D We need pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Donofrio
02-07-2013, 7:48 PM
I'm on my way up there now!

Myk Rian
02-07-2013, 9:13 PM
9 years ago. :D

John Donofrio
02-07-2013, 9:44 PM
There's probably still some left.. :confused: maybe

Ooops

David Nelson1
02-08-2013, 6:18 AM
Gotta love it when someone resurrects an old subject!