PDA

View Full Version : Continuing the Gloat Theme This Week...

Jim Becker
09-21-2004, 11:59 AM
...the big brown truck just stopped by and left a few packages compliments of Uncle Bob. One day service. CT-22, ATF-55 and Rotex plus a few goodies. A 150/3 is due to arrive tomorrow to complete the order. Time to do some "housecleaning" in the small power tool cabinet!

Mike Mastin
09-21-2004, 12:03 PM
I got a chance to see the Festool stuff in operation last year at the North Texas Annual WW BBQ at Steve Jenkin's. It is a sweet system for sure. Someday when I have "personal shop time" again, I want some of this stuff :)

Ken Salisbury
09-21-2004, 12:05 PM
BRAG :D - BRAG :D - BRAG :D

p.s. If I had your money, I would burn mine :) :)

Chris Padilla
09-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey, that is like $1200 worth of green stuff (though not the monetary kind!). Too cool...in one shot, you have twice as much Festo as myself! :( ...but I have TONS more sandpaper! :D :D Did ya get a shirt??? :D :D

Jim Becker
09-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Did ya get a shirt??? 2 - long ago. :D 'Just wish they had pockets so "us old guys" had a place for our reading glasses...so I sleep in them. Took a lot of business from you last month :cool: , so it was time to make good on my promise to Uncle Bob last November when he brought a whole SUV full of Festool to the shop for "demo".

Chris Padilla
09-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Took a lot of business from you last month :cool: , so....
Ha! Well, glad you shuffled it Bob's way...you'll be quite pleased...fantastic stuff. :D

Frank Pellow
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Jim. In one shot you have aquired more Festool stuff than I have.

But, I hope to catch up and surpass you later this year. :D

Jim Becker
09-21-2004, 12:35 PM
But, I hope to catch up and surpass you later this year. Frank, "someday" I may add the drill and one of the routers, but this stuff in addition to my existing Festool jigsaw should keep me happy for a long time. I'd be more compelled on the router when they have a version of the smaller one that will accept a 1/2" collet. But I may try to make a base for one of my existing routers that will slide on the guides for dado work in the mean time.

Gary Max
09-21-2004, 1:34 PM
I need a new uncle---GEEEEEEEE

Wes Bischel
09-21-2004, 2:07 PM
Well, we know what Jim's next project is going to be - a Moser inspired glass front display case for the new arrivals! :D Nice haul, I'm sure they'll be put to good use.

Wes

Tyler Howell
09-21-2004, 2:10 PM
Way cool Tool Snob Brother Way Cool.:cool:

Christian Aufreiter
09-21-2004, 2:18 PM
Congrats on your new Festools, Jim.
I think I have to talk to my Festool dealer, I never got a T-shirt along with my purchases:-)

Regards,

Christian

Ian Barley
09-21-2004, 2:27 PM
Jim

I will be real interested to see your view on the CT22 and the rotex. I am considering both but am having difficulty convincing myself. I need a power take off vac and am struggling because the CT22 is twice the price of my cheaper alternative but I know the risk of buying cheap. Let me know what you think. Oh - and congrats on a good score!

Regards

Jim Becker
09-21-2004, 2:58 PM
I will be real interested to see your view on the CT22 and the rotex. I am considering both but am having difficulty convincing myself. I need a power take off vac and am struggling because the CT22 is twice the price of my cheaper alternative but I know the risk of buying cheap. Let me know what you think. Oh - and congrats on a good score!
Thanks, Ian. The Rotex was probably "the" tool that I was most impressed with when Bob was here at the shop last winter. I took a rough board to something as smooth as the proverbial infant's butt with the thing with nary a bit of uncomfortable vibration in my hands and arms and low noise volume. Absolutely NO dust escaped, too. The combination is killer, and for production work like you do, the built in filtration and auto-on feature of the vac is likely to be greatly appreciated. The design of the vac is also condusive to "living" in the shop...in yours, it can easily duck under the bench with it's low-profile, etc.

But, I'll try to post more detailed information once I get time in the shop. The "real job" tends to keep me in my office and although it "appears" I'm living at SMC, multiple computers and thread subscription make that an illusion.

Chris Padilla
09-21-2004, 3:08 PM
Ian,

Don't bother struggling with the decision--SERIOUSLY. Just do it and get it over with. The noise with the two going is so shocking that you'll pull your normal ear protection off wondering if it really is that quiet or even on. You'll also wonder if you are really sanding because you see no evidence save for the smooth surface of the wood! Even my wife was extremely impressed and I just love her father who always told her to never buy cheap tools...they'll cost you in the long run! I have permission to increase the Festool arsenal at my leisure! :)

JayStPeter
09-21-2004, 3:22 PM
Nice haul Jim.

Jay