PDA

View Full Version : Lumber supplier in Nashville

rob mclaughlin
10-08-2009, 4:01 PM
Hello - I am new to this forum and fairly new to woodworking. I am looking for a source of hardwood lumber in the Nashville or Chattanooga areas. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have

Thanks

Scott Hildenbrand
10-08-2009, 4:22 PM
http://maps.google.com

search for "mill ZIPCODE" or "sawmill ZIPCODE".

There are several in your area.. Craigslist is also a nice source since you (suck ;)) are in a better area for CL. Search for "kiln" under materials.. Always pulls up sources.

Isn't squat around me far as Craigslist is concerned.. *bawl*

BTW.. Welcome to the site!! :D

Hmm.. I knew a Shawn McLaughlin a long time ago, from PA.

rob mclaughlin
10-08-2009, 4:47 PM
Thanks Scott - I used to live in PA (Warren). Yeah, CL is awesome - I just picked up a nice 3 hp Shopfox shaper and about a g worth of cutters for $1000

Stephen Edwards
10-08-2009, 7:01 PM
Nashville Plywood is one that I'm familiar with. They're kinda on the high side, though. Scott's CL suggestion is a good one. There are plenty around. If you're not specifically looking for kiln dried lumber even more options are available.

Alex Shanku
10-08-2009, 7:36 PM
Summers.

Best prices around Nashville, at least for the wood I was looking for.

Earlier this year I was buying cherry

8/4x 10"x10' for under $6 a bf

6/4 same dimensions was 4 something.

CASH

Prices are a little higher with a cc or check

Brad Terhune
10-09-2009, 1:23 PM
Thanks for posting your question...I'm also in Nashville and I'm also new to woodworking. I was in need of a good kiln dried lumber supplier.

rob mclaughlin
10-10-2009, 6:17 AM
Thanks for the responses - I am going to give Summers a try

Greg Coleman
10-10-2009, 8:04 AM
Middle Tennessee Lumber is in Dickson. They are mainly a flooring/ millwork supplier. They do dry and mill their own lumber. They deal in mostly domestic hardwoods. They have plywood too. There is a Woodcraft in Franklin. Very good clerks, helpful almost to a fault.
There is a machinery dealer on Lebanon Pike. I can't recall the name at the moment. They deal in Jet and Powermatic. They are a scratch and dent outlet. I think they have a Rockler section also. Re-Tool in Madison has some Shop Fox tools. They sometimes have some used wood working machines. Be careful most are well worn.