PDA

View Full Version : Shall we play a game?

Jason Clark2
10-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Pretty simple rules:

1) Post an image of your own work related to the post preceding yours. If the post preceding yours is a curly maple hollow form you can post something curly, something maple, or a hollow form. If the post prior to yours is a natural edge eucalyptus burl bowl you can post something natural edge, something eucalyptus, something burl, or a bowl.

2) Try to post an image you haven't posted before or something that you've turned recently.

3) Label your post. Include the wood type, and anything else that may help the next poster.

4) Try to vary the posts as much as possible. If we've had 2 or 3 bowls in a row or 2 or 3 pieces of maple in a row try to post something different.

5) Have fun

I'll start:
Eucalyptus, Burl, Natural Edge, Round bottom, bowl.

Norm Zax
10-07-2009, 2:57 AM
Interesting idea but you do not want "round bottom" as a keyword here. Trust me.

Keith Palmer
10-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I'll play!!

I haven't posted these before, these were my first turnings I made playing with the shopsmith. They were Christmas gifts for the guys. The oak one was a test piece and I kept it for myself, all others are eucalyptus.

http://kapsworkshop.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/img_33502.jpg

Wally Dickerman
10-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Okay, this one is Oregon ash burl, natural edge. This came from a fairly large burl which netted me several pieces. It's the only ash burl that I've ever had so it was special. 7 inchs in dia.

Wally

Mike Peace
10-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Here is an ash platter with a scorched rim I did after watching Nick Cook demonstrate this at Southern States Symposium early this year.