PDA

View Full Version : Lowes Tool Alert

Mike Hannah
09-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I was in the Olathe, Kansas Lowes today and saw 2 Delta 22-580 13" planers for $229. I picked one up they still have one left. I also had them order me a Delta Twin Laser Miter saw for $229. They found some in Stilwater Ok. :)

Kelly C. Hanna
09-21-2004, 1:41 AM
I was in Eureka Springs having lunch yesterday, sure wish they had those in Dallas (none left I'm told).

Gary Max
09-21-2004, 7:25 AM
Looks like they are getting away from Delta. SWMBO bought herself a disk belt sander combo last week for $69.00 ---almost 1/2 price.

Scott Coffelt
09-21-2004, 9:47 AM
Great scores Mike, that's where I saw the planer the last time I looked. I think you'll really like both. I like the CMS.

James Carmichael
09-21-2004, 9:50 AM
Yep, looks like Tradesman will be their new economy-line of WW tools, saw the BT jointer, shaper and contractor saw the other day. Also interesting new Hitachi stuff including a TS that looks like a hybrid, just about completely sealed, I couldn't see under the hood, and a 13" planer. Neither is on Hitachi's website and wasn't priced yet. They also are now carrying the Jet 10JF contractor saw priced at $597.

Steve Nelson
09-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey Kelly, the Lowes in Rockwall has a few that came in recently, they dont have the usual closeout yellow price tag but a green one that simply says "reduced price" Email me and I will be glad to check and see if any are still in stock,they were Fri....Steve

Steve Stube
09-21-2004, 2:39 PM
The elusive 22-580 planer. I keep reading how everyone was scoring one but my local Lowe's didn't have any in the store and the website (for the local store) posted the $229. sale price but said was temporarily out of stock. After checking at the store for weeks I decided to complain that it didn't seem right that my store would gladly "special order" one in for me at $571. but wasn't stocking for the advertised sale. Further I was told by the clerk in 'tool land' that the last time they had or sold a 22-580 was in Jan. 2000. I asked him to check if maybe another store in Michigan had any stock for this $229. sale - he checked, nope, none in Mich.. I went to customer service and spoke to a MOD (manager on duty). She checked and found 2 planers in Mich and asked if I wanted one. Yes! It took 5 days to get it but I did get it. $218.47 out the door with a discount for signing up for a Lowe's CC.

FWIW, My Lowe's says they are not getting out of the Delta line.

If you want a 13" Delta planer I suspect you can get one but you might have to be a bit persistent.:)

Chris Padilla
09-21-2004, 2:43 PM
Nice work, Steve! You are to be congratulated: Congrats! :D