PDA

View Full Version : Saw stop

Paul Engle
10-06-2009, 1:36 PM
For those of you not using your table saw for a saw anymore , you can watch also, but if you are still using it to say do segment or stave work, or other cuts for inside out turnning etc , check out this link to a remarkable way to save a finger should you get too close to the blade or beyond . My only intrest is in safety, I have no financial intrest at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P2aMVE0_uM

Brian Weaver
10-06-2009, 2:34 PM
My son has taken some form of shop (wood or metals) every year of high school (senior this year). And although this is a relatively small town they have one of the best wood shops I have ever seen. They have purchased 3 of these saws this year and the day they arrived the teacher proclaimed it to be the happiest day of his life.

Brian

phil harold
10-06-2009, 3:40 PM
now if my shop teacher had one of those on the joiner
he would have more of his fingers

Rick Prosser
10-06-2009, 11:28 PM
My next big tool purchase will be the SawStop Pro cabinet saw. I don't have a table saw, so I figure I should get the safest one. Gotta get the shop built first...:p

jason lambert
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Yup they have been out a while and work. I have one, besides being safe it is one of the best table saws I have used. They also just intruduced a blade cover you attach a vac to and are claming 99% dust extraction. Save some lungs also.

Kyle Iwamoto
10-07-2009, 1:13 PM
I have a SS too, and agree that it is the best saw I've ever used. The brake is the reason I bought it, but if you took that away, I'd still be extremely happy with the saw. I can start, cut wood, stop the saw with a nickle on edge.....

Since you mentioned stave and segmented work, and this appears to be a safety oriented thread, there is another product I just found that I think is pretty awesome. It's the Grr-Ripper push block system. It allows you to safely rip items that require removal of the blade guard. Try checking them out. (If I knew how to add a link, I'd do it.) Amazon sells them 60 bucks. Rather expensive, but if you look at the safety aspect if you rip a lot of 1/2" stock....... The parent company is Micro Jig, and they have a ton of video clips. You Tube too.