PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ray!

John W. Love
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
So many times Alicia and I have come to The Creek seeking advice or ideas. And without exception we have walked away with the answers we needed to achieve success on the project we were working on.

A month or so ago Alicia posted on here explaining why we had been away for a bit. Our computer crashed and everything we had was on the hard drive. The hard drive was ok, it was either the processor or mb that choked. We bought a used cheap computer from my work that would handle what we needed, however the old hard drive used SATA connection and new computer used ATA connector. So, without the money to buy another computer or rebuild the one I purchased, we were basically SOL for all of the programs we used and the fonts we had acquired, as well as the ton of graphics we had accumulated.
WELL, I just want to say that Ray Mighells is an angel. He took the time to hunt me down and give me a call to verify my address and sent us the greatest gift. Ray, I don't know how to thank you. We literally were thinking about selling our laser because we just weren't sure how we could make the payments without having it working. You have saved our business, and a lot of gray hair on my part (and a quick look at my picture will show you that I don't have that much hair to turn gray lol).

So, I just wanted to let everyone know what a true saint you are and that we are eternally indebted to you. I hope that the day comes when I can return a favor to you, as well as help someone out the way that you have helped us out.

Your humble servants,

John and Alicia Love

Ken Fitzgerald
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
John,

Congrats! I don't do the Star Wars things...but I have been the recipient of a lot of Creeker generosity. While your receiving some generous help from another Creeker doesn't really surprise me and yet it still amazes me!

Ray Mighells
10-21-2009, 9:15 PM
I don't know how this post slipped by me, but John linked it to me in a personal message so I feel the need to respond. It makes my day to be able to make a contribution of any significance to a fellow Creeker or the forum at large. I have received so much from Y'all, I am very glad to be able to contribute, and I wish you all great success.

Dave Johnson29
10-22-2009, 10:47 AM
however the old hard drive used SATA connection and new computer used ATA connector.

John, I realize you problem is now solved but a PCI to SATA card is under 20-bucks. Did no one here suggest that at the time?

John W. Love
10-22-2009, 4:30 PM
Hey Dave, I tried that but for some reason it would not recognize the hard drive.

Dave Johnson29
10-22-2009, 4:51 PM
Hey Dave, I tried that but for some reason it would not recognize the hard drive.

Bummer, I suspect a simple tweak to the CMOS set up would have solved it. Anyway, it is good to hear you are all back working anyway.