PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a router in a G0691 TS extension table

scott vroom
10-05-2009, 3:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone has retrofitted their G0691 TS extension table with a router/fence system? I've got a very small shop and am considering purchasing the G0691 TS and was looking for ways to save space.

Jason White
10-05-2009, 4:27 PM
Grizzly makes a cast-iron tablesaw extension wing that takes a router table. Costs about $200.

Jason

I was wondering if anyone has retrofitted their G0691 TS extension table with a router/fence system? I've got a very small shop and am considering purchasing the G0691 TS and was looking for ways to save space.

scott vroom
10-05-2009, 6:22 PM
Jason, good input. I'll check it out. I can buy a separate router table for $200 but using the table extension would be a nice space saver.

Matt Stiegler
10-05-2009, 7:47 PM
Someone will correct if I'm wrong, but my impression is that the router wing won't work on the left side on this table, only on the right. If that would be a problem for you, you should confirm whether I'm full of it before forking over your cash.

John Keeton
10-05-2009, 8:54 PM
Scott, I have the 1023 cast iron router table extension, and I do not know if it is the same as the one for the 691. If so, another consideration is the type of router and lift that you plan to use. I have a Freud 3000, with the above the table adjustments. It was necessary to drill installation holes, and access holes for the adjustment wrenches. The top is not made for a drop in lift top. It works great for me, but there is some effort involved in doing the setup.

mickey cassiba
10-05-2009, 9:06 PM
Grizzly makes a cast-iron tablesaw extension wing that takes a router table. Costs about $200.

Jason Any body know if this will bolt up to a Delta? (36-441B), or if not is there one that will?
Mickey

Rick Moyer
10-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Someone will correct if I'm wrong, but my impression is that the router wing won't work on the left side on this table, only on the right. If that would be a problem for you, you should confirm whether I'm full of it before forking over your cash.

I just finished assembling my 0691 and both supplied wings are identical, so I don't know why it wouldn't work on the left side?

Matt Stiegler
10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I just finished assembling my 0691 and both supplied wings are identical, so I don't know why it wouldn't work on the left side?

My thought was that the motor bump-out may be in the way of the router.