PDA

View Full Version : Jet Bandsaw

Dennis Puskar
10-05-2009, 12:34 AM
How are jet bandsaws ? Don't have a model no. yet but could somebody give me some info on these saws ?
The bandsaw I am interested in is 14".
Thanks

Dennis

Bill Huber
10-05-2009, 12:41 AM
I can give you input on the 14 inch closed base.
http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/image/93777861

It is a great saw for me.

The blade tracks good and I resaw with all the time, noting really big but I do a lot of it.
I did install the Carter Quick Release and cool block.

The only down side that I found was the way to motor mounted and I fix that.
For the things I have done the power is fine and I really don't see that I need more.

Is there something specify you would like to know.

Dennis Puskar
10-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks Bill sounds good.

Dennis

willie sobat
10-05-2009, 7:27 AM
Bill,

can you explain how you remounted the motor?

Dennis,

I have the same saw. I have had it for over 10 years and it has done everything I have required of it. I do not resaw for veneer, so I can't say how it will do there. However, I have cut a lot of curves, ripped boards that might not have been safe on the table saw and resawn stock to redimension it. I think it is a great saw for the money. My one complaint is the same one that Bill mentioned. It is hard to adjust the motor to attain paralellism with the drive pulley.

Willie

Robert Chapman
10-05-2009, 9:05 AM
I have had a 14 inch Jet bandsaw for years and I works just fine. It is the external 3/4 hp model. I added a Krieg fence some years ago. It's a good dependable tool.

Bill Huber
10-05-2009, 9:31 AM
Bill,

can you explain how you remounted the motor?

Dennis,

I have the same saw. I have had it for over 10 years and it has done everything I have required of it. I do not resaw for veneer, so I can't say how it will do there. However, I have cut a lot of curves, ripped boards that might not have been safe on the table saw and resawn stock to redimension it. I think it is a great saw for the money. My one complaint is the same one that Bill mentioned. It is hard to adjust the motor to attain paralellism with the drive pulley.

Willie

Here is a thread on it, it is just a little motor mount and it sure makes a big difference. The motor mounts to it and then it mounts to the bracket were the motor mounted.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=79483&highlight=band