PDA

View Full Version : Router Upgrades based on YOUR input

Brad Westcott
10-03-2009, 6:51 PM
Hi,

I am new to this forum but stumbled acrosss it as I was doing research on upgrading my router table system.

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for providing good feedback and honest experience on the different equipment you have used.

I really love the equipment that arrived this week and now that it is all installed, I could not be happier.

Hope I will be able to reciprocate. Thanks a bunch!!!!!

P.S. Can't wait to finish the project I am working on so I can build a new router cabinet. Some of you guys have done a great job and I am going to be incorporating a LOT of the ideas I see in the photos you have provided.

glenn bradley
10-03-2009, 7:03 PM
I really love the equipment that arrived this week and now that it is all installed, I could not be happier.

Welcome Brad. I'll say it quick because I never get to say this first: "No pics, it didn't happen". Congrats on whatever it was :D.

Bruce Page
10-03-2009, 7:22 PM
Welcome Brad. I'll say it quick because I never get to say this first: "No pics, it didn't happen". Congrats on whatever it was :D.

What Glenn said. :p

Welcome to SMC!

Brad Westcott
10-03-2009, 7:38 PM

I hope this works. Not sure what the forum rules are on posting photos but here it goes.

Bruce Page
10-03-2009, 7:50 PM
Sweet setup!

Brad Westcott
10-03-2009, 7:53 PM
Sweet setup!

Thanks. It sure has been a pleasure to work with good tools.

I was born in Alburquerque on Sandia Base. I guess they call it Kirkland now.

I still go back every year on my way to Angel Fire. I have family there.

Beautiful place.

Brad Westcott
10-03-2009, 7:59 PM

Glenn,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It looks like the photos worked:eek:

The Woodpecker table and lift are new. I had the Incra fence but the Woodpecker table was supposedly designed to accomodate it. Well, sorta since they no longer sell the steel mounting brackets for the Ultra any more.

The Milwaukee is also new and is a dedicated table router since my Porter Cable stopped working. Did not have time to send it in for repairs since I am in the middle of a big kitchen project. Probably the switch but who knows. Since the PC was doing double duty, I also picked up the Festool 1400EQ for plunge work. It is everything the people on this forum said it was. I am tickled with everything.

Thanks again!!!!

Bruce Page
10-03-2009, 7:59 PM
Small World, I've been working on Kirkland AFB for over 26 years.

Jerome Hanby
10-05-2009, 8:43 AM
Well, if you can't get precision joinery with that setup you may as well give up. Great rig!

I hope this works. Not sure what the forum rules are on posting photos but here it goes.

Brad Westcott
10-05-2009, 9:29 AM
Well, if you can't get precision joinery with that setup you may as well give up. Great rig!

Thanks Jerome. I owe it to people like you on this forum that made all the suggestions on what I should upgrade to.

It has been a real pleasure not to go "router diving." And the precision of the changes after you make your rough adjustments using the wheel is the best thing since sliced bread. I used to get lazy sometimes and say to myself, "Ah, close enough." With this setup, there are no excuses and since it is so easy to make adjustments, it really is a great improvement. The Incra was great for the horizontal adjustments and now the PRL make vertical adjustments just as precise.

I appreciate the kind words.