PDA

View Full Version : My eclectic turnings for the week

Robert Parrish
10-02-2009, 2:56 PM
Here is a variety of things I turned this past week, they include several bullet pens, Americana and Gatsby pens and some Slimline pens for the troops. I also turned some bottle stoppers, two door stoppers and a set of corn on the cob holders (only 8 more to finish). The walnut pen stand I made from a picture in one of my catalogs. Oh yes I also made a dibble for the LOML.

Alan Tolchinsky
10-02-2009, 3:28 PM
Hey Robert, very nice work. You have a lot of variety there in materials and items, very colorful. One question: What's a dibble? I live in Sarasota in the Winter so maybe I'll see you sometime. Alan

Robert Parrish
10-02-2009, 3:44 PM
Alan, my wife saw a Hallmark movie that had a dibble in it and she wanted one. It is used to make a small hole for planting seed in a garden. Amazon actually sell a version! When you get to Sarasota give me a call and maybe we can get together and talk shop.

Steve Schlumpf
10-02-2009, 4:02 PM
Very nice work on everything! Quite the variety! Turned a dibble when I first started turning and we still use it! Real high-tech but works great!

Alan Tolchinsky
10-02-2009, 5:00 PM
O.K. thanks for clearing that up. Since I'm the non gardening type, I guess that's why I didn't know that. My back and gardening don't get along. I'll contact you when I get to Sarasota.

Richard Jones
10-02-2009, 5:43 PM
Robert,

Good looking stuff.

Where do you get the corn sticker thingies? Do you rob one from a store-bought?

Thanks.

Rich

Robert Parrish
10-02-2009, 6:42 PM
Richard, I bought them from Penn State Industries. They come 10 in a pack. Here is the URL:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKCCPACK.html

Bernie Weishapl
10-02-2009, 9:25 PM
Great looking pieces Robert. You have been busy.

Richard Jones
10-03-2009, 4:55 AM
Robert,

Thanks. I may try and gin some up with some SS rod I have, but I do think I'll order a few sets of those, would make great Christmas gifts.

Rich

Eugene Wigley
10-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Very nice. The corn holders are my favorite. I'll have to try some of those.