PDA

View Full Version : Bosch table saw blade

mike graveling
10-02-2009, 9:33 AM
have any of you had any experience with the bosch table saw blades, the series i was looking at was at menards, it said fine woodworing series, i am trying to find a mid priced blade that is decent quality.

Tom Walz
10-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Sadly it could be anything. Bosch buys up a lot of companies, such as Vermont American, and just bought Freud. They change and consolidate and rearrange in the interest of profits. In my opinion Bosch is usually o.k. stuff but they have a really hard corporate mentality. I would guess that you’ll get a so-so blade with “you bought it, don’t bother us” customer support.

scott spencer
10-02-2009, 12:11 PM
The only Bosch blade I've used (CB724) didn't impress. Their top line might be fine, but there are too many other well known, well proven choices to bother. I like Bosch routers and jigsaws just fine, but for blades I tend to stick to Forrest, Infinity, Freud, CMT, Amana, Systimatic, Tenryu, Ridge Carbide, Leitz, etc.

Andy Sowers
10-02-2009, 12:17 PM
The only Bosch TS blade I've used came with the Bosch TS I had at one time. That Blade wasn't very good... I used it as a "beater" blade when I didnt need a good quality of cut, or when I didnt want to put "mileage" on my good blades (eg Freud).

Andy