PDA

View Full Version : Corel - Can it do this?

Randy Digby
10-01-2009, 9:00 PM
The attached thumbnail is from today's Scrollsaw Worshop email. My question is, can Corel render a portrait in this fashion from a standard color pic, or is this work the result of a really good artist / craftsman? If so, how do I get started?

Dan Hintz
10-01-2009, 9:12 PM
That would be a single-button plug-in type of effect... little to no work required on the part of the user.

Darren Null
10-01-2009, 9:18 PM
It looks like a traced image. Easily done- just clip out the bit you want in a bitmap program; import the image into corel and click on
bitmap --> trace bitmap. Slide the slidey things around until you're happy with the result.

Scott Erwin
10-01-2009, 9:40 PM
From Darren's Post:
"Slide the slidey things around until you're happy with the result. "

Hey Darren,

I want to personally thank you for the technical teminalogy stuff..I thought I might not be up to the group's standards....But then I see this and know I am right in there

Thanks again

:)

Randy Digby
10-01-2009, 9:53 PM
Hey Darren,
It worked great as soon as I figured out the gizmatchie was in Draw and not Paint. I converted to black & white in Paint, imported into Draw, clicked the dofitchie like you said, slid the thinga-ma-bob and there it was.

Darren Null
10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Glad to help. And I'm glad my technical mastery and use of advanced techniques and terms didn't confoozle anyone too badly. In honour of your appreciation, I created a new sig.

Randy Digby
10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Now that---is original.

Darren Null
10-01-2009, 10:23 PM
I actually wanted it in ascii art format, but the board mungs the spacing up. Might photoshop it if I feel moved.....

Dan Hintz
10-02-2009, 6:54 AM
Try surrounding it with the "code" tags...

Darren Null
10-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Good thought. A little untidy with the 'code' and the box though. Luckily, I have a plan.

Lee DeRaud
10-02-2009, 4:41 PM
That would be a single-button plug-in type of effect... little to no work required on the part of the user.Unless the original is a smudged low-contrast photo of a black Labrador retriever against a chainlink fence, in which case, "little or no work" turns into "all-day job".

DAMHIKT.

Darren Null
10-02-2009, 4:49 PM
Against a chainlink fence! You're lucky! I get the smudged low-contrast black labrador in gloomy lighting taken against a background of ninjas on an old cameraphone by someone motorcycling past on a cobbled street.

Youngsters today! Don't know they're born.....