PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live...

Chuck Wintle
10-01-2009, 5:00 PM
I want to download the entire "Windows Live" and all I can fine is the installer program. I need to do this for my sister because it will take hours on her dial-up connection to download the entire file. Anyone know where I could find it?

Brad Wood
10-01-2009, 5:40 PM
if her internet connection is so slow that she can't do the download, I'm doubting it will support all the "stuff" once installed and being used.

In any case, try this link download.live.com click the download button to the right and save file

edit: hmm, thats just a 1.1mb installer file, so it probably goes out to wherever to grab the rest.. You might be up a creek

edit V2: Quote from MS site "Windows Live applications files are currently not available for direct download ...."

glenn bradley
10-01-2009, 5:54 PM
Brad makes a good point. Developers assume we ALL have broadband and all the CPU speed we could ever want (they're lazy and don't want to be efficient). The general internet environment is too feature rich with just commercials, let alone the actual content you are after, for low speed links. There are optional sites offered by some folks but their numbers are dwindling. If your Sis wants to browse the present web offerings, she may have to embrace the present (I mean this in a good-natured joking way, no offense intended) ;-)

Jason Beam
10-01-2009, 6:17 PM
Brad makes a good point. Developers assume we ALL have broadband and all the CPU speed we could ever want (they're lazy and don't want to be efficient).

Hey now!

Not all of us, Mister! :D

You're right, MICROSOFT's developers are lazy and think you have all the bandwidth, CPU, ram and disk space in the world, though. :)

Todd Willhoit
10-01-2009, 6:34 PM
The download is on this page:
http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger

When you click "Download" it will take you to another page where you will get a dialog to download the 2Mb installer. Cancel this download and use the "Try Again" button in the upper right of the page to download the 134Mb standalone installer.

Todd

Chuck Wintle
10-01-2009, 6:56 PM
The download is on this page:
http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger

When you click "Download" it will take you to another page where you will get a dialog to download the 2Mb installer. Cancel this download and use the "Try Again" button in the upper right of the page to download the 134Mb standalone installer.

Todd

todd,

Thats is exactly what i was looking for! Thank you!! :D:D