PDA

View Full Version : Which TS JET JWTS-10 or Delta 34-444

Robert Dingwell
10-01-2009, 1:31 PM
I'm planning on getting a table saw and have the opportunity right now to get a used Jet JWTS-10 or a Delta 34-444. The delta might be a 34-441, I haven't seen it in person yet but I know it has the 62-042 motor not the 62-044. Both are pretty stock, original fence, stamped wings ... The Jet is $350 and the Delta is $200.

Main purpose will be dimension stock for building basses (the musical variety), cutting laminates for the necks, squaring body blanks, etc .

My questions is if they are of equal condition is one better then the other?

Mike Circo
10-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry but your alphabet soup and number system has me a bit confused.

The only number I know for certain is the Delta 34-444. If that has the Open Drip-Proof motor with the two capicators (two "bumps") then that is the pinnacle of contractor saw design. After that Delta started cost reductions. They are rugged, accurate and well built. Mine holds settings nearly forever, I think I tuned it twice in 12 years. The 1½ hp motor is super strong, and because of the dual capicator design draws fewer amps and bogs down rarely if at all. Plus the Delta motor can be rewired for 220v and because if it's winding system, will give a true 2hp if run that way.

If the Jet is their contractor saw, it is good quality, just not as premium as the Delta. The included fence could be a deciding factor. If the Jet has a better fence, it may sway the choice. If the Jet is a true cabinet saw, then that may be a better choice. Again, I dont' recognize the numbers.

Just my input. Good luck
m