PDA

View Full Version : New Church Logo

Jon Lanier
10-01-2009, 12:26 AM
The church I'm starting at really needs a new logo. I messed around and came up with this. Any thoughts?

Stephen Tashiro
10-01-2009, 12:53 AM
I like the appearance of the design. It isn't something that could easily be drawn in handwritten signs, if that is important. Depending on your church's view of the trinity, you might consider a design with three elements in it.

Brian Kent
10-01-2009, 3:22 AM
Very nice, clean, shows the place and the fact that you are a Christian church. I bet it will give an attractive look to signs and stationary too.

Brian

ROY DICK
10-01-2009, 7:52 AM
Clean, crisp and not too busy.

Roy

Karl Brogger
10-01-2009, 8:22 AM
Ah, what kind of "Christian" Church? There's a whole mess of variations out there, or are you starting something new? That's been pretty popular the past few decades....

Jim Becker
10-01-2009, 9:40 AM
Very attractive, Jon. Contemporary and comfortable.

Matt Meiser
10-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I like it.

Jim Beachler
10-01-2009, 6:08 PM
I like the cleanliness of it. One question: How would this design traslate to a two color image like black and white? I'm thinking about hats, jackets and such where extra colors cost more money.

Sam Layton
10-02-2009, 1:20 AM
Very nice Jon.

Sam

Jon Lanier
10-02-2009, 4:10 PM
Thanks everyone. Good thoughts and questions for me to contemplate.

Phil Thien
10-02-2009, 7:42 PM
At first glance I thought it said "Christian Church of Seafood," which would be my kind of church.

Second glance and I think it looks very nice.

Scott Shepherd
10-03-2009, 9:32 AM
Jon, what are the plans for the use of the logo? Just paper work? A sign? If it's a sign, I'd rethink some of the things a little. The fonts are not great for creating, using certain methods. The Seaford is very thin and will not be very visible from a distance. The super cursive on it looks nice on paper, but on a sign, people are driving 45 mph as they drive by it, so you want it to be instantly readable from a distance. Also, the fonts used for the top line have those little serifs that are tiny. Those can easily be broken off if they are very thin. Just something to think about. The cross, with the paint brush look could also be hard to recreate with some of the tiny bits and pieces.

Don't get me wrong, a sign like that can be made, but the question is, how, and at what cost. If you wanted to make a sign blank, and then have vinyl printed and laminated (like a car wrap), you could use it as is and be fine. If you wanted to have it routed out, then some bits might be a little more complicated. If you wanted it made from sign foam and painted, you'd be at another place. Doable in all 3 formats, but at a cost that might get expensive. The printed vinyl is the cheapest solution to use as it.

Otherwise, to make it sign friendly, you might head to the CNC zone and ask for some suggestions on what's cost effective to make, as well as practical for a long term, vandal resistant sign.

Just some random thoughts.

Overall, I think it's a good look.

Matt Meiser
10-04-2009, 4:04 PM
At first glance I thought it said "Christian Church of Seafood," which would be my kind of church.

All you can eat fishes and loaves. :D

Jon Lanier
10-06-2009, 3:50 AM
All you can eat fishes and loaves. :D

Now that's funny. I may use that in some speaking 'thing'. And the SeaFOOD, DE. :p