PDA

View Full Version : Silver Cup

Jeff Chumbley
09-30-2009, 3:58 PM
I have a customer that wants me to put a golf course crest on a silver trophy cup. I do not have a rotary attachment so they want to know if there is something I could laser into and stick on the cup.

I was thinking maybe something like laserthin? Black Silver? Any other ideas?

Martin Boekers
09-30-2009, 6:59 PM
You could make laser a mask and paint or etch it,

or suggest they put the crest on the base.

Some venders that sell "nicer" cups or "wine holders"
will also engrave it for you.

Check R. S. Owens.

Marty

Garrett Nors
10-01-2009, 11:36 AM
For things like this we use Rowmark's LaserLIGHTS brushed silver (engraves black). Usually works out well for the customer, we try to keep as much of the actual brushed silver part off the finished piece (leaving just black engraving) but the silver does blend in nicely to many things we've tried so far.

http://www.rowmark.com/laser/Laserlights/laserlights.asp

Martin Boekers
10-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Garrett, what do you use to adhere it to the cup?

Does it stay "dimensionable" with the cup as the curve of the cup goes in different directions.

Thanks

Garrett Nors
10-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Garrett, what do you use to adhere it to the cup?

Does it stay "dimensionable" with the cup as the curve of the cup goes in different directions.

Thanks

LaserLIGHTS are self adhesive. It's very good about contouring to curves, it's only .020" thick, and the adhesive they use is fantastic.

I would call up a rowmark distributor and ask for a sample (if you have the time to spend). If the customer needs it right away, the quarter sheet's only like $12. JDS has something called Spectrum Lights...same thing, and they're $10.

Jeff Chumbley
10-01-2009, 4:05 PM
Thank you I will run these ideas by the customer.

Garrett Nors
10-01-2009, 6:01 PM
Hope it works out for you!