PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Rockler

ROY DICK
09-30-2009, 3:55 PM
I went to Rockler several days ago to purchase a router table and lift.
I found what I wanted and brought it home.
After getting it together I noticed that it did not have an insert plate for a guide bushing.
I then took the whole thing back to see if they could help me out. As it turned out it was not a twist in on the router plate,(similar to the jessem type) it was a screw in using 3 screws. They looked and couldn't find one and even checked on their computer.
The computer showed one in stock, but they couldn't find it. I decided I was not ment to get one, so I asked for a refund. It was given to me with no problem at all.
I returned home.
About an hour and a half later the phone rang, it was Rockler. "We found it".
Talk about happy.:D
Back to Rockler I went.
Now keep in mind these people were in the midst of getting ready to do inventory.
I went back and it was I needed, so they redid my account and off I went.
My many thanks to Russ, Mason and Chris at the Mesquite Rockler for their extreme customer service.
Not affiliated. However, I will be there this week end for a good sale.

Roy

Chris Tsutsui
09-30-2009, 3:59 PM
I too get exceptional customer service at both of the Rocklers I go to (Ontario and Orange).

It seems like when I shop for Festool stuff, I get the manager to help me. Sometimes they are too helpful as if they are commission based. Anyone know if they are? :confused:

I've had 100% success rate with returns as well. I know some stores are private and chain, but the people that work there are often wood working enthusiasts who are looking to make customers satisfied, rather than just make a sale.

Stephen Ash
09-30-2009, 5:17 PM
I also frequent the Mesquite Rockler, and that is indeed a great store with a fine and helpful staff!

-Steve