PDA

View Full Version : MultiMat Thin Material Holding Mat

Antonio Wichocki
09-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi there,

I´m considering to buy MultiMat Thin Material Holding Mat.

Is there anybody which uses it? If so how good is it? How much power it can hold without damage it?

tks

Antonio

Keith Outten
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I bought one a couple of years ago to use to engraving Alumamark. It stuck to the metal so tight that the aluminum sheet bent and was runied when I tried to remove it from the MultiMat.

Bob Savage
09-30-2009, 1:03 PM
I bought one a couple of years ago to use to engraving Alumamark. It stuck to the metal so tight that the aluminum sheet bent and was runied when I tried to remove it from the MultiMat.

So aside from that, how did you like it? ;)

Randy Digby
09-30-2009, 2:47 PM
We used the mats on all of our rotary machines for years and just could not live without them. You just wash them off when they get dirty and re-use. They are very sticky right out of the package. I would suggest that you wash a new one to take some of the initial "grab" out of it. We used a little tool, almost like a short, thin butter knife to pry a corner of the part up. When you get a corner up, the plates come up a little easier. We used 1/16" thick laminate and aluminum so I don't have any experience on thinner materials. You would have to be very careful with those. I've not tried them on the laser. I bought a couple of packs of dime size magnets about 3/16" thick at the hardware store and we use those to keep the small parts from moving around on the raster table.

Brian Robison
09-30-2009, 4:21 PM
Sales people:eek:
My wife bought me one of those matts.
FOR MY LASER!

Keith Outten
09-30-2009, 7:55 PM
Bob,

I can't remember ever using the Multi-Mat after I had the problem with the thin AlumaMark.

I now own a rotary engraver so I may be able to get some use out of it with the rotary.

Mike Null
10-01-2009, 8:56 AM
Keith

As somebody else mentioned, as long as you keep them clean they work like a charm. I use one on my rotary for nearly all flat materials including plastic laminates.

If I'm doing a small piece of metal I may surround it with a couple of other pieces to lock it in.

I clean with Windex.

Keith Outten
10-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Mike,

My problem seemed to be that it worked too well, it stuck like glue to the AlumaMark and would barely come off. The suggestion that was made to clean it a couple of times might work, the one that is on my rotary engraver seems to be fine.