PDA

View Full Version : wood burning

Mike Minto
09-29-2009, 4:11 PM
curious about what kind of woodburning set-ups you all use to decorate / sign your work with? i've seen a couple, and am ready to give up my $10 HF unit - which gets almost hot enough to use well - for a better quality one. mike

willis martin
09-29-2009, 7:21 PM
:cool:
curious about what kind of woodburning set-ups you all use to decorate / sign your work with? i've seen a couple, and am ready to give up my $10 HF unit - which gets almost hot enough to use well - for a better quality one. mike
Mike I have not been burning long however I do know a bit about art renderings.I went the hf route too but soon decided that i needed something much better.I selected the detail master excaliber set.I don't have any financial interests in the above so I hope I'm not violating any rules by hyping what I believe to be the best pyrography system out there.It's a bit pricey but I've found it's worth the cost.feel free to email me with any questions.Willis Martin Tyler ,Texas

Ryan Baker
09-29-2009, 7:23 PM
I use a Cub Woodwriter with the smallest tip pen. It works fine. Seems to get plenty hot enough for anything I have done. There is an adapter to use Razortip pens if you want more selection.