PDA

View Full Version : Laser foil

Joe Motley
09-29-2009, 11:37 AM
If you use laser foil, try the adhesive foil shelf liner from Lowes or Home Depot. Seems to do just as well as the pricey stuff from laserbits. Much cheaper.

Kim Vellore
09-29-2009, 5:08 PM
I just went and got one to try out at $6 a roll it is quite cheap. I guess many folks missed this post. It is a awesome find thanks for sharing.

Kim

Dee Gallo
09-29-2009, 6:39 PM
I'm going to try this out the next time I go to Lowes, thanks!

:) dee

Kim Vellore
09-30-2009, 1:15 AM
It works great, Checked their website out (http://www.duckproducts.com/products/detail.asp?catid=5&subid=24&plid=106&PID=1901) and it says it is a vinyl laminate... so I guess there has to be some caution there. Not sure what material laser foil is made of.

Kim

Jesse Anderson
03-10-2013, 1:14 PM
I have used a Heat Transfer Foil in the past...It works pretty decent... Its like a very thin gold film layed over a thicker thin clear plastic. In Heat Transfer printing you would put it on the shirt logo after its printed. It would stick on any embossed part of the shirt. I think the stuff works better with laser applications than it does with heat transfer applications. Ihave 2 rolls of gold and silver that are 50 feet long. The stuff is nice to work with. But its kind of messy. The gold film on the plastic is so thin that if u touch it with your hands or apply any force to the surface at all it comes off. When i first got my laser i glued a piece to some wood. Then engraved around it. Turned out fairly decent.

I will do more applications here in the future and let every one know how it turns out....

Adios.....

Vicki Rivrud
03-11-2013, 1:12 PM
If you use laser foil, try the adhesive foil shelf liner from Lowes or Home Depot. Seems to do just as well as the pricey stuff from laserbits. Much cheaper.

I guess I never saw "foils" in the shelf liner - definetly will have to try this new trick

Thanks for posting,
Vicki