PDA

View Full Version : "Who is Number One?"

Kent A Bathurst
09-28-2009, 4:51 PM
Waaaaaaay off-topic.

This likely applies only to those who are old enough to get solicitations from AARP........

IFC cable network is showing The Prisoner series on Friday nights, in anticipation of the new Prisoner that starts in Nov (only 6 shows, I think, Gandalf is Number 2. I know his real-life name and I don;t care).

Be seeing you.

PS - AMC on-line has the Prisoner series available at: http://www.amctv.com/videos/the-prisoner-1960s-video/

Bob Lloyd
09-28-2009, 6:54 PM
Number one was unseen. There were more than one number twos. Boy, that takes me back!!!!

Kent A Bathurst
09-28-2009, 7:32 PM
There was a new #2 every show - except that Leo McKern (AKA - Rumpole - She Who Must Be Obeyed) was in show #2, and made a return in a later episode. Each #2 got booted because they (a) couldn't break Patrick McGoohan's #6 or (b) dropped and broke their L-N #6 - I forget which :). Either is a hanging offense, right?

That's why the start of each show had the NEW #2 saying - "you are #6"

FYI - #1 did appear at the very end of the last show ................

Bob Lloyd
09-28-2009, 8:06 PM
I believe Colin Gordon also made two appearances as number two.

Art Mulder
09-28-2009, 9:20 PM
Our library had the full DVD set and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it... right up until the last episode. We found the final episode to be a lousy ending to the series.

But I didn't know that someone was making a new version of The Prisoner... I'll have to look into that.

Caspar Hauser
09-29-2009, 6:30 AM
Wot, no Danger Man?

Kent A Bathurst
09-29-2009, 7:32 AM
I believe Colin Gordon also made two appearances as number two.

I believe you are correct - forgot about him.

FWIW - when we lived in Michigan, I had KAR120C as the vanity plate on my car. People would ask "what's that mean?" Me - "ITs a license plate" "Yeah, but what's it mean?" "Its a license plate" Kinda like "who's on first"

GA says that plate "may conflict with a possible standard series at some point in the future" and won't issue it. Sheeesh.

Kent A Bathurst
09-29-2009, 7:36 AM
Our library had the full DVD set and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it... right up until the last episode. We found the final episode to be a lousy ending to the series.

But I didn't know that someone was making a new version of The Prisoner... I'll have to look into that.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/the-prisoner/

Number Two is played by Gandalf (aka Ian McKellan)

phil harold
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM
watch out for "rover"

Kent A Bathurst
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
watch out for "rover"

No Kidding!! if you watch the 9 minute trailer on AMC, the new rover is flippin' HUGE. That's a bad way to go.

I have occasionally turned my thoughts to putting a Rover in the front yard, but i have no clue how to anchor an inflated weather balloon (the neighbors would be amused, so long as it stays in my yard, not in theirs, and SWMBO would just roll her eyes - again). Any suggestions?