PDA

View Full Version : Wedding pen

Robert McGowen
09-27-2009, 6:52 PM
My oldest son got married this year and he and his wife-to-be co-wrote a marriage covenant. The top portion basically states that they are basing their marriage on Christian principles. The middle portion is how they promise to live their lives as each others' spouse. The bottom portion is a prayer for their marriage.

I was asked to turn a pen to be used to sign the covenant with. I used a gold titanium cigar kit with Bethlehem olive wood that I actually had imported myself. (I made a fancier pen first, but they decided that they liked this one best.) The pen was used for two signatures during the actual wedding ceremony and was never used again. I subsequently custom made the frame out of walnut, took the ink out of the pen, and then had all of the parts professionally assembled.

The pen wood is from Bethlehem, the turning was done in Texas, and we took a cruise ship to Mexico for the wedding, so the pen has done some traveling! I have done several projects that required more skill, but none that I was more proud to do! Thanks for looking.

Bernie Weishapl
09-27-2009, 7:02 PM
Awesome Robert. They will love it.

Steve Schlumpf
09-27-2009, 7:40 PM
Excellent Robert! You have created a lasting memory!

ROY DICK
09-27-2009, 8:46 PM
Robert,
The love of a father and father-in-law.
Very nice indeed.

Roy

Steve Mawson
09-27-2009, 9:05 PM
Very very nice. They will have it forever. I really like olive wood.

Eugene Wigley
09-27-2009, 9:35 PM
Robert, that's a wonderful story and a very nice project. I am sure they will keep it forever.

Richard Madison
09-28-2009, 2:30 PM
That's very cool. Wishing them the best.