PDA

View Full Version : Epilog EXT squeaks!

Larry Bratton
09-27-2009, 1:58 PM
My machine has started squeaking when it boots up when the head moves. It will also emit a pretty loud squeak on a vector cut on the Y axis. It sounds like any other machine that needs some lubrication, but I am unaware of anything that I am supposed to be lubing . Performs fine otherwise. Someone please tell me what the fix is for this. Thanks

Dee Gallo
09-27-2009, 2:37 PM
It sounds like any other machine that needs some lubrication, but I am unaware of anything that I am supposed to be lubing .

Larry, quick, go to the Epilog Virtual Training site and view the cleaning videos!

:) dee

Larry Bratton
09-27-2009, 2:59 PM
Thanks Dee but I don't have a password for that. To my knowledge I was never offered one.

Dee Gallo
09-27-2009, 3:42 PM
Okay, if you contact your dealer, s/he will give you one. If not, contact Epilog and they will give you one.

Meanwhile, do you have your manual? It is explained in there, although not as clearly as it should be.

If you can't find it, I'll be happy to send it to you via email.

Good luck, dee

Larry Bratton
09-27-2009, 5:41 PM
I have the manual..let me check. Thanks

Larry Bratton
09-27-2009, 6:02 PM
I read the section on cleaning..which I have read before.. I must be missing something, as I did not see anything relative to this problem.

Anthony Scira
09-27-2009, 9:07 PM
My Helix came with a tube o lube that you put on the x & y rails VERY sparingly.

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
09-28-2009, 1:15 AM
Hi,

If lubrication is the issue, and had narrowed down to it , its okay

As you said vibration in y axis during vectoring,

1. pls check I beam getting pepped up due to the alignment at left of the y axis , there is a small wheel underneath, see if it had got pepped.

2. Tension in y axis belt is adjusted, properly

3. Even if vibration is coming at repeated intervals, see any slip in pulleys on top left and right..

else contact techsupport in epilog, they will give proper support with documentation

Regards,

Saravanakumar

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
09-28-2009, 1:19 AM
Hi,

Sorry, I assumed to be vibration ,

But you said squeaking is nt??

Try lubrication and if need get suggestions from Techsupport

Regards,

Saravanakumar

Peck Sidara
09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Larry,

The Legend EXT does not come with any bearing grease. The bearing grease supplied to Mini/Helix owners is for lubricating the x-axis rail. The EXT has a different design where the x-axis bearing is covered. Neither x-axis or y-axis rails should need lubricating.

Trouble-shooting a squeak is like trouble-shooting a squeak or clunk coming from the suspension of your car (can be difficult to do). I recommend contacting technical support at 303.215.9171 with a phone at the machine. They can assist with sourcing where the noise is coming from and should have some suggestions.

As I'm sure you've guessed, something likely needs to be cleaned or adjusted.

HTH,

Mark Ross
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
We have an EXT and had to replace a belt that was getting really worn when we had some vibration issues. Check you belts and see how worn they appear.

Heard about a guy having a squeak with a laser printer once...hope this is not your problem...

Larry Bratton
09-28-2009, 1:01 PM
Thanks Peck. I suspect your right. I'll call them.