PDA

View Full Version : Ipe Table is Center of Guest House Court

Mark Singer
09-18-2004, 7:03 PM
About 2 1/2 years ago I made this Ipe table as the center of the Guest House Court. A steel column supporting the "Fly Over roof" lands on the table. The roof tree and stone walls create the ambiance of an outdoor room.Water falls 6' from another court. The Ipe has weathered well....I used no finish and let the sun and marine layer impart a natural look. The space is great during the day and turns magical at night...soft light is reflected of the fly over roof...the dark sky and stars do the rest...the sound of the ocean in the backround. Some things you plan for and sometimes luck doesn't hurt!

Bob Marino
09-18-2004, 7:11 PM
Wow, Mark.

Gorgeous interplay between the materials. What we really need is a full house tour!

Bob

John Miliunas
09-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Ditto to what Bob said! It'd be great to have a whole bunch of ideas to stea.....errrrrr.....check out. Yeah. Check out. That's what I meant! :o Seriously, I've always been in awe of everything you put out there! Sometimes a bit intricate, mostly very simple lines, but always gorgeous! :D Keep 'em coming, Mark! :cool:

Rich Konopka
09-19-2004, 6:56 AM
I love the combination of Stone, Wood, Vegetation, and Metal.

Is there a View?

Life is Good !! :)

Dave Bartley
09-19-2004, 7:51 AM
Very well done to say the least!. I have let my imagination run wild and was thinking about what it would look like with a finish on it. Here is a serving tray made of Ipe with a finish on it.

Michael Stafford
09-19-2004, 8:52 AM
I would not mind being a guest there. I would look good sitting in a chaise with a nice glass of wine relaxing to the sounds from twin waterfalls with Carmen Electra giving me a pedicure..... Yes dear, I'm coming, I'll be washing the dishes right away. Reality...

Corvin Alstot
09-21-2004, 12:31 AM
Very nice. The courtyard looks like it would be a great place to spend an afternoon with a book or host a evening party.

Christian Aufreiter
09-21-2004, 6:33 AM
What we really need is a full house tour!

Yep, we definitely need a "house tour"!

Christian