PDA

View Full Version : First Celtic Knot

Bill Bulloch
09-26-2009, 3:20 PM
Made my first Celtic Knot Pen today. It's a Polaris Pen made out of Paduka with Ash inlay. I was reading on the web this morning "How to make a Celtic Knot. This got me motivated enough to go out to the shop, make a cutting jig for my table saw and one for assembly. Then I turned this pen. I'm proud of it, being how it is my first Celtic Knot. What ya think?

Doug Carpenter
09-26-2009, 4:06 PM
Nice job. Must'ave been a good read!

Steve Schlumpf
09-26-2009, 4:54 PM
Bill - good looking pen! Pretty wood! Love the bowl!

Bill Arnold
09-26-2009, 4:56 PM
Nice work, Bill. You make it sound so easy that I wonder why I haven't tried it yet. Maybe it has something to do with all of the "honey-do's" I'm trying to catch up on! :confused:

John Terefenko
09-26-2009, 9:30 PM
Made my first Celtic Knot Pen today. It's a Polaris Pen made out of Paduka with Ash inlay. I was reading on the web this morning "How to make a Celtic Knot. This got me motivated enough to go out to the shop, make a cutting jig for my table saw and one for assembly. Then I turned this pen. I'm proud of it, being how it is my first Celtic Knot. What ya think?

You are well on your way. They are fun to do and not really that hard once you have the jig set up. Try changing the angle to 60 degree and see the results. It stretches the knot out more and defines it better. Looks good and that is a keeper. Thanks for showing.

Bernie Weishapl
09-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Great looking pen and a really nice bowl which looks to be cedar. Well done.

Walt Caza
09-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Looks good to me, Bill,
Strong first effort, and a sweet looking bowl, too!
Care to share which wood that bowl is?

Great pen, and you should be proud.
Thanks for sharing a peek with the creek,
see you in the sawdust,
Walt

Bill Bulloch
09-27-2009, 2:50 PM
Looks good to me, Bill,
Strong first effort, and a sweet looking bowl, too!
Care to share which wood that bowl is?

Great pen, and you should be proud.
Thanks for sharing a peek with the creek,
see you in the sawdust,
Walt

Thanks. The bowl is Eastern Red Cedar, smells nice too. A friend of my son-in-law had this, "what he called" Ugly tree in his front yard and didn't know what to do about it. My son-in-law told him he knew someone who would know what to do with it. That was last Spring and I have made lots of good stuff with it.