PDA

View Full Version : Day six

Jim Kountz
09-26-2009, 9:01 AM
Its day six with no cancer sticks!!

David Christopher
09-26-2009, 9:11 AM
Jim, thats outstanding....I need to do the same thing but I just have to get my head in the game, if you know what I mean

Steve Schlumpf
09-26-2009, 9:21 AM
Congrats Jim! It does get easier!

Alan Trout
09-26-2009, 9:27 AM
Jim,

You got it now. When I quite it took about 4 day's for me chemically to feel good. Now all you have to do is deal with the ritual aspect of the addiction. I would never smoke in my house but my shop was a different story. For about a year when I would walk into my shop or after a meal I would find myself looking for a smoke. Still to this day there are certain situations that I am in that I think it might be nice to have a smoke, I quickly come to my senses and think about the thousands of dollars I have saved over the last 4 or 5 years.

Keep up the good work.

Alan

Ted Shrader
09-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Jim -

Excellent! Keep after it.

Regards,
Ted

Ken Fitzgerald
09-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Way to go Jim!

It does get easier. Keep at it!

Dave Verstraete
09-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Awesome Jim!!!:) You'll never regret it! Keep quitting one day at a time

Greg Peterson
09-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Keep going. You are making excellent progress.

Each day just gets easier.

Belinda Barfield
09-26-2009, 2:03 PM
Woohoo Jim! Keep it up! :D

Ray Chalenski
09-26-2009, 5:09 PM
Keep up the good work Jim. If you can do 6 days, you can do 12 and so on and so on.If your mind tries to tempt you, change the subject.When I first quit I started cooking as a hobby. Lived in an apartment. No room for a workshop.Gave me something to do with my hands besides reaching into my pocket for you know what. So now go out to your car or truck, clean the ashtray completely and prepare to fill it with all of your loose pocket change like some or a lot of us do.
Again. Keep up the good work.

Dennis Peacock
09-26-2009, 6:37 PM
Hang in there Jim..!!!! You CAN DO IT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Cunningham
09-27-2009, 9:08 AM
Way to go Jim. Hang in there, take one day at a time.

Mike Langford
09-27-2009, 11:48 AM
FANTASTIC!!!....Hang in there and soon you'll have it wulpped!

http://web.mit.edu/ryangray/Public/Gnus/thumbs_up.jpg

Rick Dennington
09-27-2009, 1:28 PM
I've been smoking for 48 years, and I love it!! I drink a lot of coffee, and enjoy the smokes with every cup. After meals is great--taste sooo good.
As far as I know, that's the only vice that I have. I don't drink alcohol, cuss, chase women(I been married to my lovely wife for 32 years), have no other habits that I can think of, and can afford the smokes.
Smokes and woodworking tools is all I need to keep me happy, and of course my wife.
I don't smoke in the house, only in the sunroom, and in my shop. I don't smoke at anyones house--I go outside, and I respect their wishes, but don't set around and tell me I need to quit, and gripe at me when they smoked themselves. Like I said--ex-smokers are the worst!! When/if I decide to quit, it'll be on my terms--not theirs. Besides--I don't plan to live forever--
I'm going for the gusto!!!!!!!

Greg Peterson
09-27-2009, 1:47 PM
Besides--I don't plan to live forever--
I'm going for the gusto!!!!!!!

After watching my fathers health decline for several years, to the point where he could not even walk across the room, and then watch him die in the hospital emergency room, gasping for every single breath he could get until he could no longer fight, all I can say is you have no idea what terrible fate you are inviting upon yourself and your family.

I wish your family the strength and fortitude they'll need to care for you. It's a long, slow decline. And you won't like the way it ends at all. Enjoy it now while you can.