PDA

View Full Version : Triton Lumber Rack

Tom Hassad
09-25-2009, 11:49 PM
I searched in vain at Rockler for this rack and I see that they have removed it off their site. The cached reviews reveal unhappiness over packaging issues - does anyone know why these are no longer being sold - I don't know how hard I should try to buy a remaining item if I may have trouble with packaging issues. I cannot find information on the company.

What is interesting is that if you go to www.general.ca you will see that they are coming out with a lumber rack system of their own in mid-october and it looks a lot like the Triton design. you will find a description under new products.

Sean Nagle
09-26-2009, 12:22 AM
I am using a Triton rack that I purchased from Woodcraft. I have no complaints. It works great. However, I recall reading on Amazon quite some time ago that people had problems with the integrity of the packaging when shipped.

Roger Jensen
09-26-2009, 11:46 AM
I have several and really like them. I got them at Woodcraft, as they used to put them on sale periodically. I wanted two sets per eight foot shelf, as I thought their design with a five foot gap between them would lead to wood bending over time.

It looks like Woodcraft no longer sells them. Triton went out of business (or whatever they call a Chapter 11 in Australia), so I imagine some of their products will be dropped and others will be picked up by some other holding company of some sort. I wouldn't hold my breadth waiting for the racks...

Good luck if you find some.

Roger

Bill Arnold
09-26-2009, 12:14 PM
I have three Triton Wood Racks and couldn't be happier with them. I have no idea why anyone would say they had a problem with theirs.

Sean Nagle
09-26-2009, 2:22 PM
If you look up "Triton" on Amazon and find the listing for the rack, you'll see that practically all the negative feedback was due to the carton not protecting the parts during shipment (I'm sure the rack was shipped in it's original packaging and not double boxed). Since I bought mine from a Woodcraft store, it wasn't subject to abuse during shipping.

Bill White
09-26-2009, 2:24 PM
No problems with mine.
Bill

Maurice Ungaro
09-26-2009, 2:59 PM
It's a great system. I have two, with each standard placed on 32" centers. Mine were purchased in person, so shipping damage was not an issue. As for Triton going out of business, not real sure about that. Getting replacement parts has been a breeze for me - I contacted them from their website listed phone number, and they shipped me replacement items free of charge, no questions asked. http://www.tritonwoodworking.com/

Bill Arnold
09-26-2009, 3:21 PM
If you look up "Triton" on Amazon and find the listing for the rack, you'll see that practically all the negative feedback was due to the carton not protecting the parts during shipment (I'm sure the rack was shipped in it's original packaging and not double boxed). Since I bought mine from a Woodcraft store, it wasn't subject to abuse during shipping.
I got mine from Rocklerpro.com. It was shipped in the original packaging and there was no problem. I have my three sets arranged in two sets of three standards on 48" centers to support 8' to 12' lengths.

Rick Moyer
09-26-2009, 4:09 PM
I also have two sets and they WERE pretty beat up when they arrived. The cardboard was the cheap thin shiny stuff and it didn't hold up well in shipping. The racks, however, were fine.

Kent A Bathurst
09-26-2009, 4:17 PM
Different product, but I have always been space-restricted. This is under the 14' clear-span infeed table for my CMS. Very happy.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2003931/2003931.aspx

Don Bullock
09-26-2009, 11:51 PM
What is interesting is that if you go to www.general.ca you will see that they are coming out with a lumber rack system of their own in mid-october and it looks a lot like the Triton design. you will find a description under new products.

They haven't even changed the color. It's possible that General bought the rights for the lumber rack when Triton went under.

I really like my Triton racks.