PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help with Logo

Wesley Perreira
09-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I've been working on this for about 2 hours now and can't figure out how to remove the invisible background. It shows up when I engrave as a light-gray on some lasertile. I'm also trying to darken the name at the top after changing it into gray-scale and then using the tone curve to lighten the image. It need to be somewhat lighter than the original as it shows up quite dark in the circle and it's hard to distinguish the island. Please help a Corel rookie :o

Dennis McGarry
09-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Well its a JPG and usually with JPGS there is no transparancy marker.

So here it is Lighten overall and the name darkened, coverted to gray and saved as a transparant gif. Dont know if that will work for you but its a start..

Martin Boekers
09-26-2009, 1:57 PM
Wesley,

If you have photoshop (probably similar in Photo-Paint)

Some file formats will "preserve transparency" I typically do that in a TIFF if the file isn't too large.

You do this in the "save dialog" box (you have to check it at the time of the save)

As for correcting color images there are a variety of methods I use.
the most used one for me is under image adjustments flyout in Photoshop.

I then go to hue and saturation I can select the individual colors there and change hue, saturation and lightness.

I think you'll find this a great tool quick and easy for most corrections.

Hope this helps,

Marty

Garrett Nors
09-26-2009, 2:15 PM
What I usually do in these instances is bring it into photoshop and crank up the brightness and contrast, it will drown out the minute gray that is in the background, and turn it white. Your laser won't engrave it then.

Martin Boekers
09-26-2009, 2:24 PM
you can always check by using the eyedropper tool and see if there are "minute" areas of shading on the perimeters.

Marty

Dee Gallo
09-26-2009, 2:46 PM
Here is a cleaned up version, combining the bitmap image of the fish with regular CorelDraw type and shapes. It's saved in version 10 - plus, I don't know where all the dots came from in the jpeg, but they are not in the document. :) If you have the exact typeface, it would be good, I did not spend any time looking for the font. You can ungroup and fill the shapes with whatever tone you want.

cheers, dee

Wesley Perreira
09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for all the help and advice. To bring you up to speed on this project, I tried each and everyway including the Creeks Expert's tries at getting a workable file, however I was unable to get an acceptable engraving. I finally ran the original file through Photograv and out came the best looking one of the bunch...wow! Not without flaw, but the best that I can probably hope to get. Thanks again!:D