PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Delta Planers

Anthony Whitesell
09-25-2009, 8:35 AM
A few months back my local Lowe's had the Delta 13" planer blades on sale.

A few weeks ago they clearanced the 12 1/2" planer blades. (if anyone needs a set check out the classified section, I have a few extras :D)

This morning when I stopped in I noticed the Delta TP305 planer on clearance. Still on the shelf in the right spot with a clearance tag ($204). Immediately under it were four shiny new Porter Cable 12 1/2" planers in boxes on their shipping pallet.

I guess the merge has begun...

mickey cassiba
09-25-2009, 8:44 AM
A few months back my local Lowe's had the Delta 13" planer blades on sale.

A few weeks ago they clearanced the 12 1/2" planer blades. (if anyone needs a set check out the classified section, I have a few extras :D)

This morning when I stopped in I noticed the Delta TP305 planer on clearance. Still on the shelf in the right spot with a clearance tag ($204). Immediately under it were four shiny new Porter Cable 12 1/2" planers in boxes on their shipping pallet.

I guess the merge has begun...
The merge began about six months after PC and Delta were sold to Black and Decker. The low end(Shop Master series were to be eliminated or moved to PC).

Bruce Wrenn
09-25-2009, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=Anthony Whitesell;1221468]A few months back my local Lowe's had the Delta 13" planer blades on sale.

A few weeks ago they clearanced the 12 1/2" planer blades. (if anyone needs a set check out the classified section, I have a few extras :D)The 12 1/2" ones also fit the 13" planer. You lose 1/2" of width.

Neal Clayton
09-26-2009, 4:28 AM
they've been gouging people on parts for years. sounds like the parts gouging plan didn't work out like they hoped. i doubt i'm the only one to wind up with a delta tool in the past few years that needed a simple part, only to find out the part was more than the machine was worth, and the new part had a life expectancy of a few months tops.

honestly? good riddance.

Rick Fisher
09-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I am no fan of Delta or DeWalt.. The new Porter Cable seems tacky as well.

The Porter Cable Routers and a few other tools are great, for as long as they are around..

Makita, Festool and Bosch in my shop.