PDA

View Full Version : Apologies Needed

Randy Privett
09-25-2009, 8:12 AM
Recently, I offended a person with a statement made about the size and condition of their tools that they manufacture. This statement was made in a heated moment to another person that had posted displeasure with some of my tools.
This statement has caused a rift in our friendship, which I treasure greatly. Throughout life, all of us wish we could take bake what we said, being it to our spouses, bosses or our dear friends, but in the heat of the moment, many things are said and done that aren't really thought out clearly.
We regret that we have said something or done something 10 seconds after we did it.

To this I say.

Doug Thompson, I am truly sorry for any problems I may have caused you.

Randy Privett

Jeff Nicol
09-25-2009, 8:33 AM
Randy, In a world filled with crazies, incompetents, arrogant SOB's we as sane and normal gentleman will find at times regret is a great teacher. I have been on the groveling end of my big mouth more times than I care to admit, but it takes a big man to admit when one is wrong. We are human and are allowed to make mistakes and do things in heated moments that do not physically cause damage. True friendship is an everlasting thing no matter how many times you disagree or dispute an issue. Appologies are some of the hardest things in the world to give out, as no one truly likes to make mistakes, we are all perfectionists at our core, but perfection is really not attainable so we have to believe there is always more to learn.

Everything will work out and we are all better for the experience! By all of us accepting our faults and mistakes and taking responsibility for them the world is a better place!

Thanks for your honesty and sincerety,

Jeff

Rob Cunningham
09-25-2009, 8:45 AM
Randy,
We all have those moments when we say things that cut deeply. Glad to see you're trying to close the wound.

Cyril Griesbach
09-25-2009, 9:25 AM
Randy,

Many of us have walked in those shame shoes and I have as you well know. For some reason unknown to me, my public apology to you did not make it into that thread. I hope you got my PM.

Cyril

Mike Minto
09-25-2009, 9:41 AM
To err is human, to air guitar, divine. mike

Doug Thompson
09-25-2009, 1:29 PM
First of all... Thank you. Once in a while we all have a bad day when nothing goes right, everything we touch breaks and everything said comes out wrong... like the old saying stuff happens. Let's move on, keep this place fun and let this post fall off the page. Of course your apologies are accepted.

Rich Stewart
09-25-2009, 2:20 PM
I kept waiting for the punchline. My tool is bigger than your tool...

JohnT Fitzgerald
09-25-2009, 2:22 PM
I kept waiting for the punchline. My tool is bigger than your tool...

as long as I'm not being called a 'tool', I guess I'm OK. :D

On a more serious note, it's really nice to see adults acting like...well, like adults! I guess I've been reading too many news stories of local and national political figures...DOH!

Peter Lamb
09-25-2009, 6:53 PM
Good men and gracious as well are worth their weight in Gold!!
Peter

Karl Brogger
09-26-2009, 8:43 PM
Welcome to the world of Political Correctness. You can not say anything without offending someone.

If you think someone is a jerk, and you let them get under your skin on such a one dimensional format as a forum, then you get what you deserve.

Mike Henderson
09-26-2009, 9:27 PM
If you're human, you make mistakes. We all need to make allowances for the mistakes of other people, and hope they make allowances for the mistakes we make.

If we get to the point where we believe they're not mistakes but intentional things, then we quit making allowances. But that's really rare.

Mike